Left early?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First try....left 1 hour early on both AM and PM and failed

Second try...used the four hours for each AM and PM and failed

Third try...used the four hours for both parts again and passed

[SIZE=36pt]WGASA????[/SIZE]

I left 45 minutes early in the morning and an hour early in the afternoon. That's after checking all my answers, erasing stray pencil marks, praying fervently, etc.

I passed the one and only (?) PE exam I will ever take.

Stayed for entire four hours in the AM. I was picking away at the last couple of problems that I wasn't sure how to solve.

PM was different. I "finished" in about three hours and spent about 15 mins checking bubbles. There was no point in staying any longer and I wanted to make sure I got out before they called 15 mins (I think it was 15), because you couldn't leave early after that point.

I have never left early from any portion of any PE exam.

I've passed and also failed a few of these exams but I've never left early. I just like to look over my answers and take my time with tough questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the AM portion (Civil) in about 3:15, but hung around to check my answers and make sure I didn't make a stupid math error, I was ready to leave the room with 15 minutes to spare, but the proctor never got to me in time so I sat there until the end.

In the afternoon, I finished the exam and had check my answers in three hours. I felt like I was in the zone and on the first pass through answered 35 questions (right or wrong, I felt good about them). The other five got either narrowed down to a good guess or I was able to find the answed after digging in some other references.

When I took the EIT, I left both the morning and afternoon session over an hour early.

When I am under pressure like these exams, I just get in a zone or a rhythm and block everything but the test out.

I didn't have much time to spare. But I passed so I guess it doesn't matter.

I finished the Electrical AM with about 20 minutes left to go back and check answers. I finished the PM Power with about 5 minutes left, so no time to go over answers.

When I took it (October 06) the weather was horrible so I stayed the whole time as I was hoping maybe the rain would pass. Also, I didn't see any prizes for leaving early, so I stuck around.

morning session I used up all of the time. I did manage a bathroom break in the morning and afternoon sessions. Afternoon I left with a little over an hour to go. I had worked all that I knew how to. I could have had 10 days to work the remaining ones that I threw darts at and still not got them.

I finished the morning in about two and a half hours and checked all my answers twice. I left with 20 minutes to go. In the afternoon I used the entire time. I did Civil-Structures and passed.

I fought til the bitter end in both am and pm sections. I refused to go down without a fight.

^^^ Same here. I knew that my previous efforts were decided by one or two problems AT MOST; therefore, I was going to take all of the time afforded to insure my problems were as 'correct' as they could be! That meant double and triple checking a few problems. :true:

JR

I fought til the bitter end in both am and pm sections. I refused to go down without a fight.
Same here!

I think the only way I would have left early was if I was sure I had all the problem methodologies done right, I double checked all my answers, and each answer matched exactly one of the four choices. Hell, if I was missing just one definition, I'd have kept rereading the CERM until I ran out of time.

I think I guessed on about five problems (even if I could eliminate one or two answers) each session, so there was no way I was going to leave early. But I did take a bunch of bio breaks (who can concentrate with a full bladder?)

^^ I took one bio break, right before the 15 minute warning on the pm section.

It isn't referred to as a head call anymore?? :eek:hmy:
I always wondered who coined the term 'bio-break' - I have my suspicions.

JR
Yeah... it's still "head call" in the Navy, but things are more "joint" than ever! I'm pretty sure "bio" is short for "biological" and refers to eliminating the biological wastes that have accumulated.

Back