Passed the PE 8-Hour Civil-Transportation Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

phil_n

Reaction score
I've recently passed the PE 8-Hour Civil-Transportation Exam! (2nd attempt)

Here are the activities that helped me:

* I took the EETUSA PE Civil Review Class Webinar Live Version (made a commitment and attended every class, used the timed simulation practice tests, asked a bunch of questions to instructors)
* I purchased the NCEES Civil Practice Exam (I completed this booklet 4 times until i got them all correct)
* I obtained free Civil PE Exam Questions available online (completed so many practice problems daily for about 7.5 months - minimum 1 hour a day)

It is possible to pass the PE Exam but you have to be remain committed, consistent and make studying a priority over some life events.

I was able to pass with a demanding job that requires overtime work (i'm in direct charge of 10 staff members) and recently got a 2nd child delivered during the time that i was studying. My other child is a 3 year old so you can imagine their needs. There were a lot of late night studying and early morning starts just to get some studying in. I used flash cards and audio recordings to better understanding while i was driving. I used all resources available and asked for help from my family and friends for child care.

"Without commitment, you'll never start, but more importantly, without consistency, you'll never finish" - Denzel Washington

Good luck!

TwistedLeague

A Friend of Hosidius
Reaction score

* I took the EETUSA PE Civil Review Class Webinar Live Version (made a commitment and attended every class, used the timed simulation practice tests, asked a bunch of questions to instructors)
* I purchased the NCEES Civil Practice Exam (I completed this booklet 4 times until i got them all correct)
* I obtained free Civil PE Exam Questions available online (completed so many practice problems daily for about 7.5 months - minimum 1 hour a day)

It is possible to pass the PE Exam but you have to be remain committed, consistent and make studying a priority over some life events.

I was able to pass with a demanding job that requires overtime work (i'm in direct charge of 10 staff members) and recently got a 2nd child delivered during the time that i was studying. My other child is a 3 year old so you can imagine their needs. There were a lot of late night studying and early morning starts just to get some studying in. I used flash cards and audio recordings to better understanding while i was driving. I used all resources available and asked for help from my family and friends for child care.

"Without commitment, you'll never start, but more importantly, without consistency, you'll never finish" - Denzel Washington

Good luck!
If anyone Randomly comes and looks at this thread. EET helped me pass too. I took PPI2Pass the first time and it was terrible. EET was infinitely better. Great Comments from Phil above

pgheng

Reaction score
Congratulations it's hard I'm waiting for result. Now you can go for PTOE and PMP.

Pra4surf1

Reaction score

"Without commitment, you'll never start, but more importantly, without consistency, you'll
Congrats!

Last edited:

mwangiwanjoki

Reaction score
Congratulations, do they provide the CERM in the CBT? What references can you bring and what will they provide?

phil_n

Reaction score
The CERM is not provided in the CBT. You cannot bring ANY references with you for the 8-hour CBT exam. There is a list of electronic manuals provided during the exam on the ncees.org website. Thanks