LEED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue of construction waste recycling and use of recycled building materials falls more on the architect to specify it and the contractor/CM to divert the wastes and log it.
The construction air quality is site work as far as an erosion control plan goes. But the IAQ stuff depends more on the HVAC system and the specs for carpets, paints, selants, etc.
I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "site work guy".

Here you go... just another way to make money.
Honestly I can't believe they didn't figure this out years ago - but yes it will generate some nice income for them!

Even though all you Legacy LEED AP's get to skip the Green Associate stuff, you still have that higher bar they created (LEED AP Fellow) in case you need to be more of an overachiever (well really its just a peer review). LEED AP and signing onto LEED AP+ is enough for me.

Honestly I can't believe they didn't figure this out years ago - but yes it will generate some nice income for them!
Even though all you Legacy LEED AP's get to skip the Green Associate stuff, you still have that higher bar they created (LEED AP Fellow) in case you need to be more of an overachiever (well really its just a peer review). LEED AP and signing onto LEED AP+ is enough for me.
I am with you on that one... my company is trying to push a number of people to get certified in the next few weeks... right now we have 3 people out of about 200 employees (and only for the last week has it been 3 people... there were only two of us for a while).

The original LEED guy here will probably become a Fellow, he has worked on ASHRAE committees and has been an active sustainability guy for the last 5+ years.

I did get a flyer in the mail about a seminar - 'Residential Green Building Retrofitting' - the seminar is being held in NJ in February, but does offer 6 CEU's for $259. In the future if something like this counts for the 6 LEED specific hours, that would be great. The promoting groups website is:

www.halfmoonseminars.com

Obviously, as the GBCI starts releasing how CEU's can be earned, we will all need to hunt down the LEED specific ones. I am hopeful that once NJ starts requiring CEU's for PE's, I will be able to kill two birds with one stone.

I did get a flyer in the mail about a seminar - 'Residential Green Building Retrofitting' - the seminar is being held in NJ in February, but does offer 6 CEU's for $259. In the future if something like this counts for the 6 LEED specific hours, that would be great!
The USGBC would love to require you get LEED specific hours only from USGBC taught courses, I don't think that will happen (people should be outraged) but considering the guaranteed money on the line - it could happen. The place you are taking the class with is actually based in Wisconsin I see - interesting - I bookmarked it as they do classes here too.

I think there is a large influx of people taking the LEED AP exam right now before the version/rules change. I am looking forward to the test being over, I feel I am ready, 4 days to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hopeful that once NJ starts requiring CEU's for PE's, I will be able to kill two birds with one stone.
I can't believe that NJ doesn't have CEU requirements for PE's, or how many states don't have them. I am hoping to kill two birds with now stone for now but hoping for the triple hit once I hopefully pass the masters electrican exam, work is still on me about that one.. Not that some training will count for all three all the time, most of the time would be nice.

:multiplespotting:

Passed the LEED exam today with a 174! I had rescheduled it twice because I just did not feel like I had studied enough for it and did not feel like wasting the company's $300.

Thanks to everybody for the study references and great info.

The intheleed.com site is great!

I also used the greenexamprep.com online practice exams to prepare.

I agree VT.

I would say 50-60 hours of study should be plenty for this exam.

From what I've read the existing LEED-NC exam will be discontinued at the end of March, but examinees will be able to schedule to take it up until the end of June. After that you will have to wait until the new exam is available in August.

Good Luck to all!

Congrats NVRSTOP!

I overkilled on the studying too, about 60 hours or so when I took it in November of 2007.

I agree VT.
I would say 50-60 hours of study should be plenty for this exam.

From what I've read the existing LEED-NC exam will be discontinued at the end of March, but examinees will be able to schedule to take it up until the end of June. After that you will have to wait until the new exam is available in August.

Good Luck to all!
Where did you read this information from?

I have rescheduled for this exam twice due to workload and family vacation. Hope I made the right choice.

owillis.

Thanks bigray and VT.

Owillis28,

The information I read was on the GBCI website and on Wikipedia. See the links below:

http://www.gbci.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEED_Accredit...ofessional_Exam

You should still have some time. March 31st is the last day you can schedule to take the exam. How far out you can schedule it does not appear to be a set date.

Wikipedia states that examinees will likely have until June 30 to take the exam, but who really knows.

Good Luck!

I wish I would have found this site before.. I used cleanedison.com and helped me tremendously but this forum has a lot of GREAT detail with it. Good to see more and more people getting their LEED certifications.

This was by far one of the hardest tests for me! Not only because of the

content but because of the time it took to study..not to mention the stress from the fear of failing.

Glad to say I passed the exam the first time..barely but I did! Couldn't have done it without

Cleanedison.com. Their courses were right on target and the way the information was presented helped

me retain a lot of it. Great way to expand your career.” The resources here made it much easier..

TRy www.cleanedison.com it works tremendously.. VEry good resources and even have private tutors. Clean Edison is the best resource for the LEED exams.

The LEED exams are tough.. But if you put a lot of time into the studying you will do fine. Everything is Going Green.. But for the best resources to get your certifications try CleanEdison.com it works great.. Has great resources, private tutors and much m ore.

Back