LEED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed the LEED NC test. Big thanks to everyone who posted info on here.

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048:

Passed my LEED-NC exam this morning! Score: 183. First the PE and now this... what a wonderful Christmas this will be!

Passed my LEED-NC exam this morning! Score: 183. First the PE and now this... what a wonderful Christmas this will be!
Congrats on passing the LEED exam. I have mine scheduled for Jan. 5th. A little nervous but hopefully will end up with the same results.

owillis

Is it important to have each credit memorized and associated with the credit number
I took it last month and I would say no. As I recall most of the questions are worded something like

"In SS Credit 5.1: Site Development: Protect or Restore Habitat, how many points can you achieve for blah blah blah?"

But make sure you know all the exemplary performance percentages.

I took it last month and I would say no. As I recall most of the questions are worded something like
"In SS Credit 5.1: Site Development: Protect or Restore Habitat, how many points can you achieve for blah blah blah?"

But make sure you know all the exemplary performance percentages.
I took and passed it last month as well. That question is almost 2 months old. But thanks for the reply regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took and passed it last month as well. That question is almost 2 months old. But thanks for the reply regardless.
Oops I didn't look at the date. Rookie mistake. Congrats on passing. I have a feeling this LEED thing will become more and more important in the future.

Oops I didn't look at the date. Rookie mistake. Congrats on passing. I have a feeling this LEED thing will become more and more important in the future.
Thanks for answering it - I was wondering on that - I am scheduled to take it Jan 20th.

I agree LEED will become more important.. and honestly glad they are adding a continuing education requirement to the program - surprised it took this long.

Q: How do I fit into the new system as a current LEED AP?A: “Legacy” LEED AP: Thousands of LEED APs who pioneered the green building field may continue to bear the credential as a legacy with inactive status. To gain active status, they must choose to opt into the new system. LEED APs who elect to opt in to the new credentialing system should note the following:

Beginning in June 2009, current LEED APs have two years to opt in. For example, if you choose to opt in December of 2009, you will have until December 31, 2011 to complete you required hours of credential maintenance.

Opt-in requires signing the disciplinary policy and agreeing to credential maintenance. You will get to use the new LEED AP+ designation and be listed in the active registry.
Oh great, I'm a Legacy, just like Flounder in Animal House.

My company is all about me keeping current with LEED. I guess I'll have to take the extra tests.

I scored in the 190s on the exam, how exactly does that make me unqualified to continue on as a AP without more silly tests? I memorized all the crap once, I guess I can do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure... further down it says you need to opt in, agree to the disciplinary thing, and do the credential maintenance... it leaves it a little open whether or not we need to take an additional test (module).

Just another way for them to make more money off of us.

Here you go... just another way to make money. What still confuses me is that if you opt in as a current LEED AP, do you have to take a specialty module exam or do you end up as a LEED Green Associate instead of a LEED AP+?
http://www.gbci.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=85&
Opt-in requires signing the disciplinary policy and agreeing to credential maintenance. You will get to use the new LEED AP+ designation and be listed in the active registry.
It looks like if you opt-in, sign the disciplinary policy, and agree to take continuing education, then you instantly become a LEED AP+....i.e. no more exams.

Personally, I don't plan on taking any additional modules of LEED. It would be nice however if they had also had some basic idea of what will qualify as continuing education (AIA, etc.) so that we could start to figure out how we are going to accomplish that.

I did get a flyer in the mail that had a LEED homes seminar that was 6 pdh's for various uses, I will try to remember to bring it in and post the link in the hope that this outfit will offer more potentially LEED approved CEU classes.

It looks like if you opt-in, sign the disciplinary policy, and agree to take continuing education, then you instantly become a LEED AP+....i.e. no more exams.
If that's the case, fine. I really don't want to take more exams. I'm a site work guy, the amount of LEEd stuff on any project I'd be involved with is limited as compared to the architect or M/E/P.

If that's the case, fine. I really don't want to take more exams. I'm a site work guy, the amount of LEEd stuff on any project I'd be involved with is limited as compared to the architect or M/E/P.
Actually, between construction air quality, recycled content segregation, and site work issues, you have more responsibility for LEED than an electrical guy.

The issue of construction waste recycling and use of recycled building materials falls more on the architect to specify it and the contractor/CM to divert the wastes and log it.

The construction air quality is site work as far as an erosion control plan goes. But the IAQ stuff depends more on the HVAC system and the specs for carpets, paints, selants, etc.

Back