Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, “Reacher” was a mistake. Well,more specifically, starting “Reacher” at 9 o’clock last night was a mistake. I finally made myself go to sleep at about 2, but I could have easily finished it out. Instead I finished the last few episodes this morning.

I didn’t read any of the books so I can’t say how it compares, but Ritchson as Reacher is much better than Tom Cruise. Comes across as a former military badass much better than that midget Cruise. I thought the story was pretty good too. Some stuff was predictable, but there were still a few surprises too.

We’re late to the party, but we finished off season 1 of “The Mandalorian” a few days ago. We’ll be starting season 2 soon, but the Olympics have proven to be pretty distracting for this leggo who will watch almost any sport and be interested in it in some capacity (there are a few sports I simply am not into, mainly mma/wrestling/boxing type sports).

I liked it a lot! It was very engaging and the episodes went by quickly.

Binged Vikings Valhalla yesterday. It's OK, not near as good as the early episodes of "Vikings" IMO. No actor really gives a "Ragnar-like" performance, so there aren't any real standouts. I also think the cinematography/directing style is a little bit less dark and brooding, so it doesn't have the same creepy vibe of the original.

We recently finished “The Book of Boba Fett” (Disney+) and also watched “There Will Be Blood” (Netflix, but leaving on 3/31).

I thought the Boba Fett series was quite good! I think you’ll like it if you also like “The Mandalorian”, like I did. “There Will Be Blood” was very good too; Daniel Day-Lewis won best actor for his portrayal. Not a shortie (2:40 ish run time) but it kept me engaged the whole time, and still thinking about it a few days later. Mr. Leggo had already seen it but I hadn’t, and it was worth the evening to watch for sure.

Finished Inventing Anna. Bit of a grind at times, but still fascinating about how someone could completely make up a persona and dupe so many people.

I watched Dune on HBO Max last weekend.

Overall, it was not bad. The visual effects were really good. I didn't really understand what was going on for the first hour of the movie though.

Then again, I never read the book and I vaguely remember the older Dune movie with Sting in it.

I watched Dune on HBO Max last weekend.

Overall, it was not bad. The visual effects were really good. I didn't really understand what was going on for the first hour of the movie though.

Then again, I never read the book and I vaguely remember the older Dune movie with Sting in it.
I saw the movie in theater and felt the same way. I’ve since started reading the books and obviously have a much better understanding of what is going on. There was so much going on in the background that wasn’t addressed in the movie, but is mentioned in the books. But I guess that’s the classic thing that happens when comparing books to their movie counterparts!

Has anyone else watched Peacemaker on HBO?

We have one episode left (there’s only one season) and man has this show gotten ridiculous. It’s definitely entertaining (Vigilante is SUCH amazing, random, silly comic relief) and I simply cannot take the intro (good thing you can skip it) — it’s something about John Cena’s insane glutes and hips, combined with the music, but that’s a personal issue more than anything else.

Anyway, I would say we’re enjoying it but am wondering if anyone else has watched it and if so, what your thoughts are.

Watched "The Nightingale" on Netflix - pretty rough to watch at times, but not a bad movie. Young Irish convict woman in Australia during the 1800's chases down a British officer for revenge after he does a whole lot of terrible things to her and her family.

"The Guilty" - also on Netflix, sort of mediocre in that I thought it was too predictable. Suspended cop works an emergency call center and ends up on the phone with a woman being abducted.

We started up Tokyo Vice on HBO Max and it’s pretty engaging! There were three hour-long episodes (of 8) available yesterday but I think two more episodes may have dropped today.

It’s based on a book written by one Jake Adelstein, who was an American police beat journalist for a newspaper in Tokyo in the turn of the 21st century. The guy cast is much younger (it’s the main character from Baby Driver) but I’d say it’s good if you like crime/drama! Which is not even my go-to but I’m enjoying this so far.

We watched King Richard on HBO Max last night. It was very good! Such an incredible story and very well-cast.

Back