Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. We always started in the last week of August and ended by the 2nd week of May.

Back to kiddos, mini-MS is a regular mountain goat. Climbing everything from bed to couch to folding chair to bookcase... Little dude has fallen a few times, but he's hard at it.

Second, he has learned the art of jumping. Well, he knows of it, but may be able to clear the ground enough to get a feeler gauge under his toes. Funny to watch.

Damn. We always started in the last week of August and ended by the 2nd week of May.
Back to kiddos, mini-MS is a regular mountain goat. Climbing everything from bed to couch to folding chair to bookcase... Little dude has fallen a few times, but he's hard at it.

Second, he has learned the art of jumping. Well, he knows of it, but may be able to clear the ground enough to get a feeler gauge under his toes. Funny to watch.
Very funny to watch the art of learning to jump.

MiniOSU turned 1 last Tuesday (8/2)... hard to believe she's already a year old... crawling around like crazy, pulling up on anything and everything she can... rug burn on the face seems to be our biggest issue nowadays... it's fun chasing her around the living room and doing whatever I can to make her laugh

Took our kid mutton bustin' last night...he held on so tight that they had to tell him to let go when the sheep fell down. He had a blast.

^so will minisnick. Hard to believe its been 2 yrs already. ALthough I like the walking and almost talking stage much better.

i might have to bust out one of minisnicks birthday presents a little early. He LOVES puzzles. He has 3 chunky wood ones now. A single puzzle is no longer a challenge for him. we dump the 3 puzzles worth of pieces into a bag and mix them up and dump them on the floor and put the 3 boards in front of him and let him go at it.

Mini-ble loves puzzles too. He has around 12 or so and he can do all of them with ease. He also knows where we keep them and he will dump all the pieces on the floor at least once a day.

Mini-buff is also a puzzler. Maybe being the offspring of an engineer has something to do with it? My wife is not spacial at all; OTOH, I have been told that I am VERY special.

friggin%20special_1235342103933.jpg

So my 6yr old son decided he would walk home from school yesterday. Unfortunately, he didnt tell anyone he would be walking (Mrs Dex was going to pick him up) and we haven't taught him the way home yet (approx 2.5 miles). So Mrs Dex along with a handful of teachers spent 45 minutes frantically searching for him and were on the verge of calling the police to issue an Amber Alert before one of the teachers ended up finding him about a half mile away just strolling down the sidewalk like nothing was wrong.

The reason he was only a half mile away after 45 minutes was because he started off going west down the main road along the front of the school(the wrong way), went about a half mile before realizing he went the wrong way. He turned around, walked back toward the school, somehow walked right past the school without anyone seeing him, then continued on towards the east. He made it about a half mile before one of the teachers on the search caught up to him in her car.

So my 6yr old son decided he would walk home from school yesterday. Unfortunately, he didnt tell anyone he would be walking (Mrs Dex was going to pick him up) and we haven't taught him the way home yet (approx 2.5 miles). So Mrs Dex along with a handful of teachers spent 45 minutes frantically searching for him and were on the verge of calling the police to issue an Amber Alert before one of the teachers ended up finding him about a half mile away just strolling down the sidewalk like nothing was wrong.
The reason he was only a half mile away after 45 minutes was because he started off going west down the main road along the front of the school(the wrong way), went about a half mile before realizing he went the wrong way. He turned around, walked back toward the school, somehow walked right past the school without anyone seeing him, then continued on towards the east. He made it about a half mile before one of the teachers on the search caught up to him in her car.
I'm glad to see that everything turned out all right. In that mind, I LOL'd at this. I did something similar when I was his age. I ended up at a fire station. When my mom got there, I cringed away from her, cuz I knew I was in trouble.

It happens. Young men like to explore their surroundings. I bet he has a sore a@# though.

Your wife's got more guts than I do, Dex. Even not being Junior's biological padre, I'd have had the damn National Guard sweeping the city if she had been gone 5 seconds.

Wow. Glad everything ended in a good note. My wife would have gone ballistic and I would have done what Supe mentioned in his post:call the National Guard.

well it looks like we just became a baseball fan family. My sister and I took minisnick to his first baseball game on Friday at Wrigley (cubs vs cards). Free tickets from my sisters work. field box seats maybe 20 or so rows from the field just left of home plate.

minisnick had a BLAST. he would tap my sister's arm and point to the field when he noticed her not looking at the game. He got mad when the people in front of us kept getting up. I didn't see the reaction since he was sitting in my lap but apparently on several occassions he got this pissed off look on his face pointed to the people standing then pointed down to their seats trying to tell them to sit their asses down because he couldn't see.

The planes for the Chicago air and water show were also practicing right over the stadium so we got to see some tricks in the sky too.

Larry king threw the first pitch and sang the 7th inning stretch...wow he is OLD!!

Now every stick minisnick finds a baseball bat that he practices his swing with. When we got home last night he ran for his room and found his little bat that came with his little tikes 3-1 sports center toy and tried hitting the foam baseball he got at the game.

Mr snick is sort of bummed he couldn't go, but they were too good of seats to pass up...and my sister only got 2 tickets. MInisnick was free since he was under 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back