Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the doctor yesterday and the ultrasound looked good. 12w Along. They were looking hard but couldn't exactly tell the gender. The doctor was leaning towards boy, which would be nice since we already have a girl. But I'm ok with whatever. We have another appointment on the 30th for the anatomy scan, and we'll hopefully find out the gender then.

Here's a video of my baby girl enjoying bath time. She gets really excited playing with the washcloths. I think she's really going to enjoy swimming when she gets older. (idk how to make the video smaller).

View attachment VID_20191010_191909.mp4

minisnick is on two indoor soccer teams (coed) this winter.  His grade level (3/4) then on the 5/6 grade team his coach also coaches, as needed.  She needed boys for the team.  

His teams are AWESOME!!!!!!!!  The last 5/6 grade game was mostly 4th graders due to basketball schedule.  They were winning against the best team in the league for 3/4 of the game.  They just got tired with the lack of subs towards the end.    The size difference between the two teams was crazy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to brag on, except how cute I thought she was acting last night. Her smile and giggling was out of pure joy.

IMG_20200226_194612.jpg

minisnick is on two indoor soccer teams (coed) this winter.  His grade level (3/4) then on the 5/6 grade team his coach also coaches, as needed.  She needed boys for the team.  

His teams are AWESOME!!!!!!!!  The last 5/6 grade game was mostly 4th graders due to basketball schedule.  They were winning against the best team in the league for 3/4 of the game.  They just got tired with the lack of subs towards the end.    The size difference between the two teams was crazy.  
When my son was in grade school he was on the best town traveling soccer team.   At each practice his coach had them running/drills continually for  ~2 hrs.  His theory was if he could push them to go as fast as they can for 2 hours, then they wouldn’t get gassed in a 1 hour game.  It worked as they won a lot.

Mr. Civilrobot and I are both WFH while the kiddo is hanging around so we've decided to try to stay to her normal school routine as much as possible.

1. Breakfast
  2. Reading
  3. Journaling
  4. Language Arts (School sent home some assignments. I also have some workbooks)
  5. Lunch
  6. Recess (A walk or playtime - I'm actually going out with her and jumping rope, running around, etc. It's pretty fun!)
  7. Quiet time
  8. Math
  9. Science (weather journal and crystal experiments from school)/Music (She practices violin)/Art (Painting)/Physical Ed (Ride her bike/scooter)
  10. Snack
What are you doing to keep your kids busy or engaged during this COVID-19 shutdown?

I could use some pointers should this routine fall off for some reason.

Mr. Civilrobot and I are both WFH while the kiddo is hanging around so we've decided to try to stay to her normal school routine as much as possible.

1. Breakfast
  2. Reading
  3. Journaling
  4. Language Arts (School sent home some assignments. I also have some workbooks)
  5. Lunch
  6. Recess (A walk or playtime - I'm actually going out with her and jumping rope, running around, etc. It's pretty fun!)
  7. Quiet time
  8. Math
  9. Science (weather journal and crystal experiments from school)/Music (She practices violin)/Art (Painting)/Physical Ed (Ride her bike/scooter)
  10. Snack
What are you doing to keep your kids busy or engaged during this COVID-19 shutdown?

I could use some pointers should this routine fall off for some reason.
I'm working from home and have been crazy busy.  I took what the school sent home and planned out a calendar and then daily sheet attached to a stack of worksheets that have everything minisnick needs to do that day.  He has the day to finish it he moderates his own time.    FOr snickette I did a calendar and set her up with her 1 thing and a couple of pre-k workbook pages at the kitchen table right after breakfast.  

Mrs. MS already home schools, but we're hammering away at math right now during the day since that's the weak point.  Both mini-MS's do two or three math lessons per day (no, they do not like that at all), piano and / or bass for an hour or two, lots of individual reading, and then group read a book at night.  Breaks, snacks, walks, bike rides, trampoline time, yard work, and pet duties dispersed throughout.

I feel for you all with little kids trying to work and teach - I really think they should just **** can all elementary school for this year and "graduate them" to whatever grade they will be in in the fall..

My 17 year old is enjoying the pain of zoom meetings for AP calculus, but that doesn't involve me for the most part. 

I saw where the Air Force Academy went ahead and graduated all their seniors - makes sense to get them out of the school if they can - I kind of think we should do the same with HS Seniors - unless they had failing grades to make up or something, send them an email that here is your diploma and you get a few extra months to figure out this **** show adult life.. 

My 4-year old son just sang, word for word, “Let it go” from Frozen, in its entirety.

Help.
welcome to the club!!!!     

My two have watched a season of scubby doo in its entirety TWICE  since being stuck at home.  The catch phrases and mannerisms have been worked into their daily life now.  If I here Jinkies or you meddling kids one more time...

My 4-year old son just sang, word for word, “Let it go” from Frozen, in its entirety.

Help.
Sometimes you just can't hold it back anymore.

When Frozen came out, my daughter came home from pre-k and told me about this new movie.  Sang me a few songs. Girl had not seen this movie yet.  She was very accurate on the details, and it was creepy.

Also, at least they didn't sing the whole movie word for word. 

Although, brace yourself. It may be coming.
Brace yourself: you'll start singing it back to them in attempts to end it quicker.

Don't have children, but def remember doing this in an attempt to appease my autistic brother and stop the repeating of Short Circuit and/or Home Alone over and over again.

Back