Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stepson is going to summer camp at Cincinnati Recreation Center.  When I picked him up a couple weeks ago, a flyer for a Discover SCUBA class caught my eye.  I haven't done it in years (aka decades) but got certified in high school.  Emmett loves swimming so I thought he would get a kick out of it.  He thought it was "pretty cool", but translating for 13yo speak, I think that means he really liked it.  He's even talked about getting certified himself which led to extreme sticker shock when I saw how much it is nowadays (~$700) compared to when I did it (~$200).

Scuba.jpg

You should get him certified so you have an excuse to go diving!

I wore my PADI polo shirt to work Wednesday and then have been depressed about the 2 years it’s been since I have blown bubbles //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png

You should get him certified so you have an excuse to go diving!

I wore my PADI polo shirt to work Wednesday and then have been depressed about the 2 years it’s been since I have blown bubbles //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png
That dive shop in the keys is just calling your name...

I found several houses in Tavernier that we could almost buy outright (not on the water) and I was gonna get my cost guard boat captain license for work- the wife is not “on board” with this plan but I think it’s a good place to spend our 50’s

We’re tied to the town for at least another 9 yrs through most of the 50s.   Not sure about the 60s.   Stay north or move to better weather?

When i lived in Atlanta I think 2/3 of the town was from Boston so you might as well move down there?  There are very few actual southerners left in Atlanta

Not sure I want Bostonians during retirement. I’m originally from the western part of the state - very different. 

Latest posts

Back