Kids and balloons

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the latest twists is that the kid was being intereviewed by Larry King and Larry asked him if he could hear his parents and siblings calling for him. the kid answered "yes" and then Larry asked "Well why did n't you come out?" The parents then chimed in with "How come you didn't answer Falcon?" The kid responds "Well you guys said we doing this for a show."

GMA was beating this thing dead with a hammer interviewing the father this morning. He looks like a sleazball.

:deadhorse:

I see 2 things coming:

1. A law against building your own UFO (How many kids have to die until we have regulation on personal UFO's?)

2. A saturday Night Live skit with "99 red balloons go bye" being played in the background...

I've said it before and I'll say it again (actually it's a quote from Parenthood), you've got to have a license to drive a car, hell, you've got to have a license to catch a fish, but they'll let any asshole be a father. It's a shame that you don't have to have any brains, common sense, or decency to procreate.

And while I'm at it, WTF is an amateur scentist. Does that mean this douche bag bought some sort of science kit and is now a "scientist". Does he have a degree, or does he just film tornadoes and pass it off as science. I know he's done "research" on the magnetic fields of storms but he sounds like a dumbass that's trying to make himself look much smarter than he actually is.

And while I'm at it, WTF is an amateur scentist. Does that mean this douche bag bought some sort of science kit and is now a "scientist". Does he have a degree, or does he just film tornadoes and pass it off as science. I know he's done "research" on the magnetic fields of storms but he sounds like a dumbass that's trying to make himself look much smarter than he actually is.

I'm sure he Googled it. In the name of SCIENCE!

I think Edison started as an amateur scientist. Ben Franklin and Da Vinci were also sort of hobbyists. Of course, this guy seems more like Jon Gosselin than Tom Edison.

technically you only need a license to drive a car if you are going to drive it off private property. My wifes grandfather lost his license, but since he has 400+ acres he still drives his truck all over his farm (& probably into town also :) )

No License, No Insurance needed!

awesome.png

Back