July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could've at least emailed us letting us know about the delay... but hey, at least we know now!

They could've at least emailed us letting us know about the delay... but hey, at least we know now!
Probably takes them a week to figure out how to generate an email to everyone who took the test. Rather they focus on twiddling their thumbs or grading tests or whatever is taking so long. 

Let’s be patient and keep faith that BPELSG has a very good reason for delaying the results rather than just jumping to “inefficient Government bureaucracy”. Does anyone know if they have ever issued a statement like this before?

Let’s be patient and keep faith that BPELSG has a very good reason for delaying the results rather than just jumping to “inefficient Government bureaucracy”. Does anyone know if they have ever issued a statement like this before?
I apologize, I tend to lean that way when everything is computerized and grading can be done and transmitted within minutes of hitting submit. I understand there’s more leg work that goes into it on the back end to get to the finished locked PDF results but a very large portion is already done. Frustration should be expected at this point. 

this guy works for the board. get outta here with that BS. We were all delayed 3 months... you are telling me they just sat there doing nothing that whole time? They could've went over the questions and threw out garbage ones, they had 3 months... literally no excuses. They are also saying "expecting', so for all we know it could be the week after. we were "Expecting" our results in a timely fashion. Sorry not sorry.

this guy works for the board. get outta here with that BS. We were all delayed 3 months... you are telling me they just sat there doing nothing that whole time? They could've went over the questions and threw out garbage ones, they had 3 months... literally no excuses. They are also saying "expecting', so for all we know it could be the week after. we were "Expecting" our results in a timely fashion. Sorry not sorry.
I think the "garbage" questions can only be found out by seeing if a large amount of people overwhelmingly incorrectly answered them- which can only be done by administering an actual test. I don't think they purposely put in "garbage" questions that could be recognized if an administrator looked at it long enough. In addition, many people are working remotely which adds time. If it would be much longer past Monday,  it would be a professional gesture, if they sent out a courtesy notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue is other government agencies didn’t just shut down completely in March, everyone was still expected to provide whatever service their agency does. That was 3.5 months ago, if how to properly and efficiently process exam results because some people are working remotely wasnt resolved in this 3.5 months where no tests were happening then that is the very definition of inefficient government bureaucracy. 

also the courtesy notice is nice but it came out at the end of the normal release period and part of me thinks that only happened partially because of these forums. It’s clear that at least a few individuals commenting either work for the Board or are involved to some capacity. 

Engineers...sheesh...always think you have track everything down to the minute little detail looking for trends, thinking that statistics must dictate everything. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone managed a spreadsheet on release dates and times. Go home, have a beer, and be patient. No amount of ranting or raving on this forum is going to make a difference. 

My issue is other government agencies didn’t just shut down completely in March, everyone was still expected to provide whatever service their agency does. That was 3.5 months ago, if how to properly and efficiently process exam results because some people are working remotely wasnt resolved in this 3.5 months where no tests were happening then that is the very definition of inefficient government bureaucracy. 

also the courtesy notice is nice but it came out at the end of the normal release period and part of me thinks that only happened partially because of these forums. It’s clear that at least a few individuals commenting either work for the Board or are involved to some capacity. 
We are all impatiently waiting for our results... Have a little faith in the board that you are asking to grant you your PE license. We are in a pandemic. The board notified us that there was a delay, which was more than they had to do. I was extremely appreciative that they notified us.

Also, you really think the board employees have the time or interest to make fake accounts pretending to be eager EITs waiting for their test results?? 

We are all impatiently waiting for our results... Have a little faith in the board that you are asking to grant you your PE license. We are in a pandemic. The board notified us that there was a delay, which was more than they had to do. I was extremely appreciative that they notified us.

Also, you really think the board employees have the time or interest to make fake accounts pretending to be eager EITs waiting for their test results?? 
“Asking to grant you your license” is so disingenuous. Yes let’s ignore all the work everyone has put in over the years in regard to their education, gaining qualified experience, studying for the 8 hour, passing it and then studying for the CA specific exams. No big deal, we’re just asking for a license. Everyone understands we are in a pandemic, they had approximately 3.5 months to figure out how to efficiently do this and they didn’t. Apologies for complaining that people aren’t being held accountable for their job duties. If the individual who cashed checks when you send them money was in charge of processing results we would’ve had them August 1st haha. 

Also didn’t imply they were creating burner accounts. Simply that there are individuals who are more tied in then everyone else. Seeing as they have never issued a notice before that leads me to believe they have heard some complaints. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineers...sheesh...always think you have track everything down to the minute little detail looking for trends, thinking that statistics must dictate everything. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone managed a spreadsheet on release dates and times. Go home, have a beer, and be patient. No amount of ranting or raving on this forum is going to make a difference. 
A few days is not a big deal but the overall process is delaying applying for potential jobs and in this economy it could be a big deal. Especially, if one fails and have to wait until Jan to take it with results in mid February. I missed taking my last exam needed  for my PE by 4 days in March on 3/22 when the test center closed on 3/18.

It would be really nice, if not Professional, if they could have some timely, transparent communication.

Here's a fun game: What phase are you in?

I know for a fact some of you are in phase 5.

If I took the survey test today, does it mean it will come out in a Sep release? Or is it going to come out in the immediate next release, hopefully later this month?

4 hours ago, WtrEng2019 said:Also, you really think the board employees have the time or interest to make fake accounts pretending to be eager EITs waiting for their test results?? 
The board has spies everywhere!!! I know it’s true because I read about it online. 

But in all seriousness let’s keep hoping they are able to work out whatever is causing them to be delayed. I have some colleagues taking the survey principles exam in August and it would be nice if they were able to get results back in a timely manner come September. Hoping for the best!

(Before anyone else makes the assumption again - no I don’t work for the board.)

Latest posts

Back