July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried to call the board? I press 0 to reach operator but no one answering, guess nobody home??
Don’t bother calling. We’re essentially at the last day of the 2nd week when everything is graded electronically and we’re still waiting, what makes you think someone would actually answer the phone? Haha

Yeah, that sounds like the quickest way to get the results delayed until the end of next week. I agree it seems ridiculous to imagine people sitting at computers sifting through individual scores to determine which questions should/should not be included and that it should all be computerized, but it is what it is. Knowing government agencies it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the actual system employed. Hopefully tomorrow morning. 

Yeah, that sounds like the quickest way to get the results delayed until the end of next week. I agree it seems ridiculous to imagine people sitting at computers sifting through individual scores to determine which questions should/should not be included and that it should all be computerized, but it is what it is. Knowing government agencies it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the actual system employed. Hopefully tomorrow morning. 
agree to your first statement. But we cannot accept the "it is what it is". 

agree to your first statement. But we cannot accept the "it is what it is". 
I don't claim to know what the board's process is for reviewing, but I assume that it is more complicated than what you might be assuming.  They cannot computerize reviewing written responses to the survey prompt at end asking about potential errors in the test questions (can they?). They likely review all the high fail questions and determine if a competent engineer should have answered it correctly. I want my results too, but it has only been 1.5 weeks. These tests are practically the last steps towards getting your Professional Engineering license - the board isn't going to rush it for our convenience

It's 2020, not 2002. A program to automatically grade and send out the score should be easy to setup.  Maybe just use Excel the IF function?
They have to analyze the results, determine throw out questions, and determine the cut score. 

I don't claim to know what the board's process is for reviewing, but I assume that it is more complicated than what you might be assuming.  They cannot computerize reviewing written responses to the survey prompt at end asking about potential errors in the test questions (can they?). They likely review all the high fail questions and determine if a competent engineer should have answered it correctly. I want my results too, but it has only been 1.5 weeks. These tests are practically the last steps towards getting your Professional Engineering license - the board isn't going to rush it for our convenience
That's the right attitude!   

Haven't been here for a couple of weeks. I should never have came! I was perfectly fine until I saw the group panic for results release.

I just don't understand why the board doesn't review/analyze the questions BEFORE they put them on the exam. That way, they don't have to do this post-test analysis that takes 2+ weeks.

Back