July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone who took the seismic test in July get their Prometric fee get refunded? I took the test, received my notice of completion, and then on August 1, I see that Prometric refunded my exam fee. Really freaking me out! Please Prometric, just keep my money!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone who took the seismic test in July get their Prometric fee get refunded? I took the test, received my notice of completion, and then on August 1, I see that Prometric refunded my exam fee. Really freaking me out! Please Prometric, just keep my money!!
I was scheduled for the Surveying test which got cancelled. I had to reapply to take the test and  Prometrics charged me additional $65 to register. They refunded me $65 a few weeks ago since I paid twice but only scheduled to take it once.

I was scheduled to take it in March and my Prometric fees were refunded in April. I had to pay again when I rescheduled for the July date. If you’re concerned I would contact Prometric, the board probably wouldn’t have record of these transactions. 

I just want to get the result this Friday. Please no more delay. 

I think there’s a possibility that we may get it before Friday
What would lead you believe that? The updates said expect to release by Friday and then today they say they’re closing offices early through Wednesday. Did we all miss something?

What would lead you believe that? The updates said expect to release by Friday and then today they say they’re closing offices early through Wednesday. Did we all miss something?
They are closing the offices early, but they said remote working will continue as usual. Delay assumes that this has to be or is currently being done in the office. Which it could be, but then I think it would be hard to say the results were delayed due to the fact that people are working from home. Can't have it both ways. 

Think its best to let it go till Friday and be pleasantly surprised if it comes in before then. Anyone who wants to can attend one of their meetings and roast them immediately after.

This experience completely tracks with how awful the process has been so far.                                                       :poop2:

They are closing the offices early, but they said remote working will continue as usual. Delay assumes that this has to be or is currently being done in the office. Which it could be, but then I think it would be hard to say the results were delayed due to the fact that people are working from home. Can't have it both ways.                                 
This part. I think it’s far more likely they get delayed into next week than seeing them before Friday at this point. 

I just don’t see how closing offices early won’t cause a further delay. Ok so everyone has to leave the office by 3PM, I’m supposed to believe they snap their fingers and are at their home workstation getting right back to work? No chance. 

I just don’t see how closing offices early won’t cause a further delay. Ok so everyone has to leave the office by 3PM, I’m supposed to believe they snap their fingers and are at their home workstation getting right back to work? No chance. 
It wouldn't cause a delay if they are already working from home to begin with and aren't the ones coming to the office. Also if the latest they ever release the results is 4pm, then one hour early really shouldn't make more than one to four three hour's difference (depending on what day the results are released), right?

edit: Just noticed that it ends on Wednesday, so three hours at the most.

Back