July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just like to remind people to please not report posts for lack of reason. It is a waste of time for us moderators, who are full-time working people just like the rest of you.

Anyway, I hope the results come soon for you all!

This waiting is brutal! Third attempt at surveying exam and it’s my last test... able to finish the entire exam and only made educated guesses on about 3 or 4 questions. Feel good about it but so nervous. Good luck everybody!

Do the seismic & surveying emails come at the same time? Or hours apart like they did in 2019?

Last edited by a moderator:
I took both seismic and surveying within a week of each other right in the middle of a move (literally left the first exam to go put my stuff into the back of the truck). I was fully prepared to take seismic back in April but my exam kept getting rescheduled. Finally I was scheduled for the first week of June, I was one of the people who was confused by the board's wording and was under the impression that I was still taking my exam (silly me wasn't reading EB). I had even called the testing center the week of to make sure that I was still scheduled for the exam, they said yes and that there should be no further reason that it should be canceled. I showed up (after taking the day off work) only to be told that they had no record of my exam. That was a rough blow. So I was a bit disheartened by the time I took it them in July. I'm just hoping it doesn't show in the results..

Another day by the way side. I can't imagine what the wait was like when they only offered it twice a year and it wasn't computerized with results you could compile and decide the cut line in minutes with a few clicks of a mouse...

I just want to know. I cant stop refreshing my email at work 
f5.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous that these exams are all computerized and they cannot release the results by the first week of the following month. All you have to do is choose a cut off score. It's not rocket science man...

Absolutely ridiculous that these exams are all computerized and they cannot release the results by the first week of the following month. All you have to do is choose a cut off score. It's not rocket science man...
It's not as easy as picking a cutoff score. They have to review each question and make sure it was reasonable. They probably have a pool of hundreds of questions from which each person is randomly given a set of 55. If there's some question that most people failed, maybe it was worded poorly or an issue with the figure so they remove it from consideration. 

That's probably why they don't announce the cutoff scores. Maybe on my exam I needed to get 39/55 to pass and maybe yours you needed 37/55 based on the questions you were given.

This is all complete speculation so I could be way off. But I am confident that they at least assess how the pool of test takers perform on each individual question. Hence why it takes a while to review.

Looks like today is not the day.  Tomorrow or next week I guess 
Results have come out as late as 4 PM but I’m not optimistic about today. Based on previous releases tomorrow looks like the worst possible scenario, Thursday of the 2nd week of the month, and that’s probably what’ll happen. It is still 2020 after all and nothing has been easy this year. 

Has anyone tried to call the board? I press 0 to reach operator but no one answering, guess nobody home??

Back