July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I share everyone's frustration; I want my license too.  As I've learned over my career, project deliverables sometimes get pushed back due to circumstances that can't be overcome, no matter how hard the team tries.  I've also had to learn to walk a mile in another team's shoes before lobbing unprofessional criticism.  

Everyone have a good weekend.  For those maintaining good attitudes as your patience is tested, keep up that mindset.  It will serve you well in your career.

You all need to have more patience. I've been waiting for my license since April and finally got it this week (mechanical). That's over 4 months without Range D pay, promotion opportunities, etc. But in the long scheme of things, a few months is nothing compared to the years left in your careers (unless you are near retirement, that might be a different story...). 

With everything going on like the virus, ~10% state worker pay cuts, and work from home orders in California, there will be delays in the process. CAPLS and the Board's evaluators are probably getting hammered with people who are frustrated and want their licenses. I know I emailed my evaluator and messaged CAPLS when I was frustrated and wanted answers. But they are all doing their best to be transparent and keep the community informed.

Take a step back, relax, and keep a positive attitude knowing your license is coming soon.

Civil license just issued! The expiration date is listed as 12/31/2020, which seems a little soon. Is anyone else seeing that?

Civil license just issued! The expiration date is listed as 12/31/2020, which seems a little soon. Is anyone else seeing that?
I've noticed that with my coworkers who recently received their licenses.  Yes, their initial expiration date is typically only a few months before they make it every 2 years.

Hummm... Mine is not posted yet. I'm really hoping it's because they processed these in batches and mine will come in a later run and not some snag in my application. Is anyone else running into this?

Hummm... Mine is not posted yet. I'm really hoping it's because they processed these in batches and mine will come in a later run and not some snag in my application. Is anyone else running into this?
Same here. :(  I hope they will release our numbers soon.  

Back