July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to imagine what has changed between now and the last license issuance go around. My guess is the system is getting hung up on us having taken and passed the CA Specific Exams outside the appropriate window (April - June for us Q2 people). It's a wild guess, but I can't see how anything else has changed as far as system entry goes.

And ditto on the real dollars part. Range D, for us working for the state, only kicks in when we get the letter from the Board with our license number. Best not to think about the ~2 months lost already.
I heard they retro pay you for Range D

I heard they retro pay you for Range D
Correct, you are retroactively paid for the time between the date you received your letter from the Board and when the range change is processed by HR. Thus, the clock does not start until the letter from the Board with your license number is received.

Sounds like a few of you guys work for the state, then? Caltrans? Didn't realize there were so many of us on this forum.

I was hoping for the best but, I spoke with someone at the board and they told me the results for the July exams hadn't been entered (system showed no exams taken) as of Tuesday August 25 and she was doubtful the results would be in by the licensing run on August 28. On August 25 they said "you should be licensed within a few weeks" so I am hopeful we will be licensed Sept 11 and receive notifications Sept 14. Just my two cents.

I was hoping for the best but, I spoke with someone at the board and they told me the results for the July exams hadn't been entered (system showed no exams taken) as of Tuesday August 25 and she was doubtful the results would be in by the licensing run on August 28. On August 25 they said "you should be licensed within a few weeks" so I am hopeful we will be licensed Sept 11 and receive notifications Sept 14. Just my two cents.
CAPLS, does this jive with the info you're aware of pertaining to the licensing run on 8/28?

This is becoming a serious issue for the licensing run that's supposed to be out on 8/28. It's already 2 months for people who took the exam early July. Hopefully it gets resolved by the board ASAP.

CAPLS, does this jive with the info you're aware of pertaining to the licensing run on 8/28?
OK, here's the situation and apparently despite my efforts, some of my messages have inadvertently steered you folks in multiple directions.  Yes, I said there would be (and was) a license processing run on 8/28.  This partially occurred.  But some of the data transfers between systems didn't occur, also like I stated, which I was unaware of at one time. 

This is becoming a serious issue for the licensing run that's supposed to be out on 8/28. It's already 2 months for people who took the exam early July. Hopefully it gets resolved by the board ASAP.
Now, you are seeing why the Board normally tells everyone that it could be several weeks between receipt of exam results and issuance of the licenses.

It has always been the case that licenses may not be issued at the very next date for scheduling a processing run.  I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

@CAPLS, do you know if they are still trying to proceed with processing the licenses? Or should we check back after the next licensing run on the 11th? I appreciate you keeping us updated. I think it was generally understood that the 28th was the earliest our licenses would be processed but not a guaranteed date.

@CAPLS, do you know if they are still trying to proceed with processing the licenses? Or should we check back after the next licensing run on the 11th? I appreciate you keeping us updated. I think it was generally understood that the 28th was the earliest our licenses would be processed but not a guaranteed date.
I do know the Board is still trying to get licenses processed, especially those still waiting from the July exam results. Just not sure exactly when it will happen. 

Will the delay in July passers getting their numbers issued affect August test results and license issuance? 

Will the delay in July passers getting their numbers issued affect August test results and license issuance? 
The Board receiving and then releasing August exam results is an entirely different process and would not be affected by the July licensing process.

This has to be solved ASAP by the board. It's becoming unreasonable. Action is needed!

Agree. The Board has to provide the license numbers by sending emails out, if the system has a problem.
please scroll thread, especially CAPLS replies. Just so we're clear, if anyone is aware, if anyone is working to fix ASAP, if anyone is invested in all of us getting our license numbers, it is the board. 

Back