It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TGIF...although I've only been in the office a grand total of 3 hours this week. Onsite meetings really make the week go by faster.

Wife and kid are visiting friend in Kentucky this weekend.

I think I'm going to find the bottom of a few bottles tonight.

As odd as it sounds--in Alabama Im having trouble finding a country bar.

I could really use a country bar, a dark corner, a cold one, and a jukebox tonight...

Oh dear lord.

Tonight started innocently enough--searching out for the last remaining country bar in North Alabama. I went to the local restaurant/bar for dinner and asked where to go for the local country bar. The guy told me that the only place I should think about going is Jimmy's.

Now Jimmy's is a nondescript place with just a name on a marquees sign along a highway that I have never visited in my short time back to Alabama. I should have turned around when there was a cover charge by a 6' topless broad asking if I needed singles.

I end tonight with 3 things I can scratch off my "to see before I die list"

1. Stripper dance to George Jones and Garth Brooks (true story). She did stop loving him and she does have friends in low places.

2. Stripper fall of the pole (true story). Evidently she misjudged the conversion between coefficient of friction static and coefficient of friction kinetic and ended up on her head. She probably has the bruised forehead to remind her next time.

3. Stripper buy me a drink (true story) although only after she poured my initial one on my lap.

If they had places like this in college, I probably wouldn't have graduated. Male to female ratio of at least 1:1. Dancers moving off the main stage onto the "grind stage." I thank the gods that I didn't see women like this until after school. After I'm married. With a child. Who knows what trouble I would have landed myself in otherwise...

Tomorrow is going to hurt.

Wife and kid are visiting friend in Kentucky this weekend.
I think I'm going to find the bottom of a few bottles tonight.

As odd as it sounds--in Alabama Im having trouble finding a country bar.

I could really use a country bar, a dark corner, a cold one, and a jukebox tonight...

I am now reminded why my hubby and I have yet to search for a bar in Alabama yet. I am now happy to continue to have drinks at home with him. I am now thinking to myself that when we do search for a local watering hole that I will happily go with the hubby to find one. :Locolaugh:

Oh dear lord.
Tonight started innocently enough--searching out for the last remaining country bar in North Alabama. I went to the local restaurant/bar for dinner and asked where to go for the local country bar. The guy told me that the only place I should think about going is Jimmy's.

Now Jimmy's is a nondescript place with just a name on a marquees sign along a highway that I have never visited in my short time back to Alabama. I should have turned around when there was a cover charge by a 6' topless broad asking if I needed singles.

1. Stripper dance to George Jones and Garth Brooks (true story). She did stop loving him and she does have friends in low places.

2. Stripper fall of the pole (true story). Evidently she misjudged the conversion between coefficient of friction static and coefficient of friction kinetic and ended up on her head. She probably has the bruised forehead to remind her next time.

3. Stripper buy me a drink (true story) although only after she poured my initial one on my lap.

If they had places like this in college, I probably wouldn't have graduated. Male to female ratio of at least 1:1. Dancers moving off the main stage onto the "grind stage." I thank the gods that I didn't see women like this until after school. After I'm married. With a child. Who knows what trouble I would have landed myself in otherwise...

Tomorrow is going to hurt.

...2. Stripper fall of the pole (true story). Evidently she misjudged the conversion between coefficient of friction static and coefficient of friction kinetic and ended up on her head. She probably has the bruised forehead to remind her next time.
Nerd.

BTW, yes, I'm jealous. I am in the same boat as SSmith...wife and kid are out of town in Minnesota. You would think that in one of the most affluent parts of Colorado (near Aspen), one could find a decent titty-bar, but no. Not that I'm the kind of guy to go to one, but the option would be nice. "Really, dear, there's a conference in Nothern Alabama that I HAVE to go to."

It sounds like this place needs further investigation to see if it could serve as the Southeast meet-up for EB.com! :eyebrows:

Whoa, I'm going to visit SSmith! JR, do you want to come with us?
I am totally there! :woot: When is the next outting??!! :17:

:bio:

JR

A quaint little nudie bar with watered down drinks and second rate cover band sounds pretty nice right now. All we got around here are these trendy hipster places.
You either get the dancers or the band. I can't say I've ever encountered both at the same place. Watered down drinks are common at both types of establishments.

"A quaint little nudie bar"?? Is that like when grandma gets up on stage?

Let me address one comment that I got in PM:

NO--my post here does not violate that male-male contract to keep what happens in a strip club quiet. No names, nor addresses, or details were posted.

Moving on:

1. I hope none of you ever make it down to north Alabama, but ring me up if you do. Ill gladly show you the place.

2. I forgot to mention that this was a high class joint--no mason jars for the beverages. The bars in Kentucky didn't hold to such high standards.

3. Actually for Halloween this place is having dancers and a band. Surprised me too.

4. I also forgot to mention the costuming present. I'm remembering girl scouts, pirate, cheerleader, librarian? off the top. They took the season very seriously.

It all started from asking where the local country bar was. Keep that one in mind in the future guys...

Public Service Annoucement- Shotgun Willie's in Denver is NOT just a country bar.

"high class" equals no mason jar glasses? Is this the only requirement?

Down to northern Alabama? The more you type of this place, the more I am scared to try to find any place in Alabama....

Let me address one comment that I got in PM:NO--my post here does not violate that male-male contract to keep what happens in a strip club quiet. No names, nor addresses, or details were posted.

Moving on:

1. I hope none of you ever make it down to north Alabama, but ring me up if you do. Ill gladly show you the place.

2. I forgot to mention that this was a high class joint--no mason jars for the beverages. The bars in Kentucky didn't hold to such high standards.

3. Actually for Halloween this place is having dancers and a band. Surprised me too.

4. I also forgot to mention the costuming present. I'm remembering girl scouts, pirate, cheerleader, librarian? off the top. They took the season very seriously.

It all started from asking where the local country bar was. Keep that one in mind in the future guys...

Public Service Annoucement- Shotgun Willie's in Denver is NOT just a country bar.
"high class" equals no mason jar glasses? Is this the only requirement?
But I've heard it's a good place for a steak...

Back