It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ccd5c42383987dd1ec002d87f1cef934a6807496c89e3a8fa6681be4e5286615.jpg

Working from home today.  It wasn't too bad out at 5:00 this morning, but it let up for a bit and then turned back into freezing rain.  Starting to get icy out now.  I would be OK driving in it, but no chance in hell I'd trust the other idiots on the road.  

We will hopefully get to see the Star Wars movie in the theater tonight.
We went last weekend!  Really good, but still had to get there early to get a good seat...The dine-in theaters (Alamo Drafthouse) were still all sold out for the good seats.

It doesn't feel like a Friday for me.  Power was out at the office all day yesterday so it was a free day.   Today feels like a weird combination of Monday and get all the shit done before vacation day.

Turned in my paperwork that should allow me to switch to the 9/80 work schedule and let me take every 2nd Friday off. It should go into effect the first week of February.

For those who don't know what a 9/80 is, it's working 80 hours in only 9 days instead of the typical 40hrs per week. I basically would work 9hrs Monday thru Thursday, 8hrs on the first Friday of the pay cycle, then the 2nd Friday would be off.  Some people use it for Mondays instead of Fridays, but either way I end up with a couple 3-day weekends each month.

I love my 9/80's, but word is they're taking us off and going to mandatory 5/10's :(

We have the option of working (4) 9's and then having 1/2 day Fridays.  Though it's more popular during the spring/summer vs. winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the 4/9's at my first job.  Half day Fridays were awesome in NYC.  We would go to lunch, have drinks, then catch a movie or something before going out to the bars at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had the option of 9/80. I'd go skiing on my Fridays off in the winter, and bike rides in the summer.

Working from home today while I wait for my bullshit sim card to show up.  

Back