Is my consultant a dick?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You decide

• Yes, he's a dick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's not a dick

• Geez, I'm not sure?

• What do you mean?

• Total voters
I find this thread totally inappropriate. Why my Client thought it was acceptable to log on to a public engineering board and discuss my shortcomings, I don't know. Here I am, just an ordinary guy trying to get his job done, and yes, making a few mistakes along the way, and my Client has to go and suggest that I might actually be less than ordinary. Well, as I recall, you said it was how I performed that was most important, not the stature of my credentials! I can't believe how shallow you are. I'm sure you can find more than a few consultants out there with longer credentials appended to them. Or even thicker. But, in the end, it's the technique that matters most. Especially in the end. And that's where I excel.

With multiple consultants working, the client would be in a sticky, wet mess by the time the work was completed.
Unless, of course, these consultants had a lot of work with other clients earlier the same day. After all that work, consultants may have a lot less to give to the client.

If a couple of other consultants have already been to the head office today, you might want to delay any meetings with the client. They're probably still digesting the previous presentations.

Back