Iowa?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI. Just got message from Jennifer. Because June, July and August are the busiest time for Exam application, Iowa Board will begin to print certificate packet in Sept.

Iowa Board said they will begin to print certificate packet in Sept. Has anyone received the certificate packet recently? If anybody received recently please inform me because I still have not received yet. Thanks.

Checking back again... still haven't received certificate packet here. Anyone heard anything from the Iowa Engineering Board regarding status? I sent an email inquiring on status but nothing back as of today.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've emailed them as well and have heard nothing back.

Intersting thing to me is, I applied for a license by comity in Nebraska (Omaha resident), filled out the application, waited for their next board meeting, got approved, received my certificate, ordered my stamp and received that...... still sitting here and can't even get an email response from Iowa!

I usually defend Iowa being a relatively new resident of Nebraska, but this is really starting to wear on me.

So it's not just me that thinks Iowa is slow. I applied for comity licenses in KS, MN, and OK at the exact same time as Iowa. I am now licensed in KS, MN sent me a letter saying everything looks good and I could get a temporary permit to practice engineering while I wait for a final review, and OK sent me a letter saying they received my application and their office has been great with getting back to me when I had questions. I haven't heard a peep out of IA yet. It's starting to irritate me.

Finally got through to IA on the phone after trying for 3 days and sending an e-mail. All they could tell me is that the application was there and waiting for a board member review. No time frame as to how long that would be. The person I spoke with didn't sound like she was in too great of a mood.

Any word on wall certificates yet? So it takes 3 months to get results back and another 6 months and counting to get a F**king certificate in the mail? This is really starting to piss me off.

Any word on wall certificates yet? So it takes 3 months to get results back and another 6 months and counting to get a F**king certificate in the mail? This is really starting to piss me off.
I lived in NY and I think the certificated here should mail to you about 2 months after you get your pass letter. Did you verify the address?

Call them and saying that you wouldn't mind drive down there on Monday and pick up. (with all proved identiication.)

I agree that this is frustrating... equally frustrating is that I've sent about five emails (scattered September through December) to staff and have not received any replies to my inquiry on the status of the certification packets.

Back