Info on New Yorks results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Buffalo too, and there were several taking the PS exam in the room.

"PS" is NCEES-speak for the surveyors' exam.
I just made two phone calls. First, NYSED said they enter names in a "complicated manner". They enter via discipline and alphabetical order in clusters (I suppose they are several people entering at the same time). She did say they instantly go onto the internet once the name is added. Second phone call was to Castle. They have not mailed out the results but are scheduled to go out "by end of the week".

Thank you, JoeBridges! Did NYSED happen to mention how far along they got down the list? What's the estimate wait time for all the names to appear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, JoeBridges! Did NYSED happen to mention how far along they got down the list? What's the estimate wait time for all the names to appear?
Honestly, it seems confusion is running rampant in those offices. Probably because of the cutbacks in budget. The lady (from NYSED) I spoke to made it seem that we would be notified by mail first from Castle. Who knows though.......She also said that if I do not receive the letter by the end of next week to notify Castle.

At this rate I would just assume wait until Monday or Tuesday for the letter and have a good weekend as opposed to hitting refresh on the states web pages. :beerchug:

Good Luck all-

I have a license number :) Oh boy this feels good!

Hang in there folks! Good luck!

If any one can tell me how to check out, which last name they are posting now?

Thanks

Have anyone heard of any Civils posted yet?
I do - she took it in Schenectady.

Its as weird situation though - her original application was for her maiden name ( letter C) and she submitted a name change to her married name (Letter S). So its anyones guess which name group she was part of.

Congratulations, HVACstevie!

So two mechanical people from this forum have heard so far.... Don't know about any civils so far, JoeBridges.

Congratulations, HVACstevie!
So two mechanical people from this forum have heard so far.... Don't know about any civils so far, JoeBridges.

Thanks. As for Civil I would imagine that it will take slightly longer. While taking the PE exam the proctor left the sign in sheet at my desk by accident and it looked like over half the people in there were for Civil and about 6% were mechanical.

Sincere congratulations, HVACstevie!!! :D You give hope to the rest of us ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Steve! I'm also a mechanical and with a last name beginning with "C" i can't help but start to be more assured that i failed... =(

next week.....

you'll drive yourself crazy trying to watch the state's website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back