Info on New Yorks results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed. I'm a mechanical and want to take a review course. i live in queens, NY. Anyone know of any?
Stay in the game, checkmate. Don't get discouraged keep at it and it will be done before you know it.

I did the PERC class in civil, and I thought it was alright. I did not pass on the try following the PERC course, but I can say that it was a pretty comprehensive review, at least for civil.

If you need a review course to get you on a schedule for discipline and study, it might be for you. I didn't know they did mechanical, but if they do, you should go for it.

Good Luck , and hang on!

I think PERC, Inc had (I got a letter 2 or 3 days before my result of passing the FE)https://www.percinc.com

REVIEW COURSE FOR THE PE EXAM - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

All multiple choice, no choice, breadth/depth exam

$715.00

Strategy 1 Class Stress Analysis 1 Class

HVAC 1 Class Machine Design 1 Class

Heat Transfer 1 Class Vibrations 1 Class

Gas Dynamics 1 Class Kinematics 1 Class

Fluid Mechanics 2 Classes TBA 2 Classes

Economics 1 Class

Classes Begin Classes End

*In New York City

Parsons Brinckerhoff

1 Penn Plaza -2nd floor

34th St and 8th Ave

Enter on 8th Ave 1/14/2009 4/15/2009 Mon, Wed

*Due to security requirements at 1 Penn Plaza, registration must be completed by 1/5/09

Strategy Classes are from 6:00-7:30pm

All others are from 6:00-9:00pm

I didn't take this course before but only because I received this letter and it offers in NYC.

i knew about that one but i've already missed the registration date and, it seems the first 2 classes. doesn't make sense that i got my results after the registration period ended.

I failed. I'm a mechanical and want to take a review course. i live in queens, NY. Anyone know of any?
I took PERC class in Mechanical last year for the Oct 2008 PE exam. At the time i paid 650 dollars for the course. It was 12 weeks and all my classes took place at the Con Ed building on Irving street by Union Square.

In terms of the class, I was skeptical at first because the one of the teachers was still teaching you based on the old exam format which consisted of 1 hr questions with many parts.

But the method of his madness somehow came all together for me by the time I sat for the exam. We had 3 different teachers.

Have any questions feel free to hit me up

I took School of PE review course for civil. I liked it since it gave me a good review and prep for material i never had before ( i was envir. undegrad and grad) Its expensive but worth if your company reimburses you. The class is on weekend which sucks, but it really lets you set aside those 5 weekends for studying. The only complaint I had was that it was originally scheduled in Queens, but because not enough people signed up they moved the class to Newark.

good luck :)

I took School of PE review course for civil. I liked it since it gave me a good review and prep for material i never had before ( i was envir. undegrad and grad) Its expensive but worth if your company reimburses you. The class is on weekend which sucks, but it really lets you set aside those 5 weekends for studying. The only complaint I had was that it was originally scheduled in Queens, but because not enough people signed up they moved the class to Newark.
I took School of PE also, which was originally scheduled on Long Island. Again - not enough people signed up, so I had to go to NJ, but the course was pretty good.

I took School of PE also, which was originally scheduled on Long Island. Again - not enough people signed up, so I had to go to NJ, but the course was pretty good.

I just check for the school of PE but they do not have the PE for Mechanical.

Loosing Patience! Can't hold on.....

Where is my license!!!!!!!!!!! :please: :brickwall: :suicide1: :please:

OK, so who is going to be the brave soul to call NYS ED Professional licensing service to find out where our license numbers are? I say "brave" because they will probably put you on the bottom of the pile when you call. (I probably already am on the bottom, so maybe I should call mysef).

FYI - I called on Friday morning (1/23) they said that my application was processed and I should receive a license # that day or on Monday. I checked the website and I showed up on Friday afternoon.

GOOD LUCK!

FYI - I called on Friday morning (1/23) they said that my application was processed and I should receive a license # that day or on Monday. I checked the website and I showed up on Friday afternoon.
GOOD LUCK!
Wow! They did not put you on the bottom of the pile? Congratulations. Maybe I will call today....

I will let you know how it turns out.

So I finally called the state, they informed me I had to submit an updated "Form 1" along with a recent photo. Good thing I called, because my contact info on my original submission has changed. So if I never called, then I would never get my number!!

At least they didn't ask for money. I should have my license number next week, finally. :party-smiley-048:

So I finally called the state, they informed me I had to submit an updated "Form 1" along with a recent photo. Good thing I called, because my contact info on my original submission has changed. So if I never called, then I would never get my number!!
At least they didn't ask for money. I should have my license number next week, finally. :party-smiley-048:
Finally some good news once again congratz!

FINALLY!!! :party-smiley-048:

My license # is posted. Now it is done, and I can get back to work :)

:multiplespotting:

I just realized I posted all but one on this page! Don't mean to hog, but I have one more bit of news - the wall certificate was received yesterday - just an hour or so after my engineer seals.

That's all - I have nothing left to wait for. I guess I'll be hanging around to offer my encouragement to others.

Thanks, E Board! :appl:

I just realized I posted all but one on this page! Don't mean to hog, but I have one more bit of news - the wall certificate was received yesterday - just an hour or so after my engineer seals.
That's all - I have nothing left to wait for. I guess I'll be hanging around to offer my encouragement to others.

Thanks, E Board! :appl:

Speaking of seals. How do you get one? I never really looked into it that much since I will probably never seal anything in new york, but it would be nice to have. Do you have to purchase it from NY?

For those who passed the FE exam, did you receive the Intern Engineer certificate?

I have yet to receive my FE results =(. I contacted Castle and they said they were going to resend the report but it's been almost two weeks since then.

For those who passed the FE exam, did you receive the Intern Engineer certificate?
I have yet to receive my FE results =(. I contacted Castle and they said they were going to resend the report but it's been almost two weeks since then.
I pass my Oct, 2008 FE exam, received my passing letter on Jan. 12, 2009 but I still waiting for the certificate. However my friend who passed the FE before and he told me that he got his certification almost 2 to 3 month after the passing letter. Therefore, we should receive the certification by March or April this year.

I have several friends who took the Oct, 2008 FE exam and they haven't received the certificate yet. Just wait... don't think too much....don't imaging that you been set up and someone send you a fake passing letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friend is very funny...he used only 2 hours to finish the morning part, he finish General and Mechanical dis. in the afternoon (he end out use his magic finger to pick which dis. he should pick (he pick general). After he received his passing letter he call Castle saying that is there any possible way that he can get a report(because he was think he did perfect on that)---The answer from Castle "you just need to pay more to received your percentage report)"ofcourse my friend did not-------------------In this days money talks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back