Industrial Engineers?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I’m preparing to take P.E. Exam for industrial engineers for April 2019 in Pomona CA. 

Im using books by DrKennedy  I purchased from iise.

id appreciate any study help I can get. Thank you in advance 

Civils, structurals, mechanicals, electricals, chemicals, etc.... any industrial engineers on this forum? Any industrial engineers taking the next FE or PE exam? I'm an industrial, took both exams last year, and found this web site while waiting for the October PE exam results. I just sat on the sidelines and read about what everyone else had to say. I did get hooked on this site, lots of good people. I found very little out there for industrial engineers as far as study materials and references for the exam. I know very few industrial engineers get their PE, its not really needed. In fact, I never met one.

Getting the PE has been a boost to my career and I would like to see more industrials pursuing a PE license. I think it would be good for the industrial engineering profession and good for engineering in general. Many industrial engineers find themselves working with all the other disciplines across many industries. I do. (Probably a bad example, but I believe Lindeburg is an industrial PE)

Any thoughts? Any industrials hiding out there? Or are they all just browsing, being quiet, laughing at the Emoticons, and just hoping they passed on their own with a few old text books from school?

If you're out there, you could probably get more use out of a site like this, if you speak up.

Just askin' //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_appl.gif
Hi I’m so glad I found your post (February 2019). I appreciate all the comments you and others have posted on this forum. 

Hi I’m preparing to take P.E. Exam for industrial engineers for April 2019 in Pomona CA. 

Im using books by DrKennedy  I purchased from iise.

id appreciate any study help I can get. Thank you in advance 
Volunteering a friend: perhaps @pjavery can shed some insight. She is our resident rare, iridescent, Industrial PE.

Hi - does anyone know if the FE is required for industrial engineering prior to taking the PE? I live in California, have my BS and MS in industrial engineering and have been working for 6 years now. I've been researching online and can't find exact answers.

Thanks much
Unless you have sufficient years for an FE exemption, you have to take the FE exam AND have an EIT certificate. Now, the FE exam you take (if you take it) does not have to be in "Industrial and Systems" so you have a choice. I would choose whatever you think you have the highest likelihood of passing. For example, I have several ME friends who ended up taking the "Other Disciplines" exam just because they, for whatever reason, found it to be easier. You have the power of choice!

95% Pass rate for first timers this year. any idea what thats all about?

My assumption is that it most of the questions were so hard, the cut score was so low, they just passed everyone. Haha.

I'd love to know the reasons, but also am fine to just sit here all happy with my little green passed button. 

Hi I’m so glad I found your post (February 2019). I appreciate all the comments you and others have posted on this forum. 
Same here! Starting to look at what is out there and my goal is to take it next year. Any advice on what materials to use is much appreciated. Also, what materials did you all bring (the ones who already took it)? 

I passed the PE exam in Industrial Engineering in April of 2017.  I had a really hard time finding study resources to use for the exam.  I ended up creating my own study binder for the exam, and passed it on the first try.  After my frustrating experience studying for the PE exam, I created my own study guide.  All the topics outlined in the NCEES Industrial Engineering PE Exam specifications are explained, with multiple example problems for each specific topic.  My study guide contains over 250 solved example problems, a glossary of 270 industrial engineering terms and definitions, and all the necessary engineering tables.  I have also included my personal email for feedback on how to improve the study guide, and to answer questions.  Below is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578612798?ref=myi_title_dp

I have degrees in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana State University and Mississippi State University, a Black Belt in Lean and Six Sigma from the American Society of Quality, and an active Professional Engineering License in Industrial Engineering.  Good Luck on the exam!

Last edited by a moderator:
HEllo All!!

I am an EE + MBA with a LEan Six Sigma background.

Any value-heavy resources to prepare  for the Industrial and Systems Engineering PE Exam along with the NCEES practice exam and guide.

IDEAS:

IISE 5-day class is $1795 (members)      any good???

IISE PE Exam Study Guide ($150)      any good???

Any help resources (websites, books, etc) will be highly appreciated 

Last edited by a moderator:
:appl: We like to refer to "manipulation" as "managing." The higher-ups tend not to raise an eyebrow when we tell them the "the numbers are being managed."

I am a project management consultant and I work with many a PE in other disciplines. Lately I have been scheduling power plant projects and helping engineering firms understand and streamline their project controls processes. The PE has given me a sense of credibility with who I respectfully call "slide rule" engineers. I don't do their calculations and I don't pretend to be an expert in their field, but I can hold relevant and educated conversations with the most senior design engineer where we can both walk away with an understanding of the issues. With this, I can help them get to the finish line faster and more efficiently. That is why I think more IEs need to seriously consider the PE.

With this said, I am definately wanting and willing to help any IEs out there get their PE. If you're on this forum, speak out!
Hello,
I just ran into this and man I can’t believe the first post was published in 2007!
Anywho, I’m a junior pursuing IE. i seem to have landed a role in the construction industry, which has been a beautiful experience in my personal growth. But my goal is to be a consultant and practice my expertise in different industries. I love the posts and encouragement to take the PE and FE. I have so many questions! I’m excited to continue IE.

Back