IA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's good news-though hopefully irrelevant for all of us here.

So is this the week or will it be after the holiday?
From the Iowa Board today:

Iowa board will release information to NCEES who will then mail the results. No release date available. I'm guessing I'll see results week of July 12th. :mail-296:
That is just terrible. So NCEES sends the results to the Iowa board, which waits a month then sends the results back to NCEES, who then mails the results to the test-takers? That does not at all sound efficient. What on earth have they been doing?

:blowup:
They said they are still "working on converting that information for release". Sounds like re-grading to me. I'm not taking any test in this state again. If I had known they re-grade them, I would have taken it in another state. :BS:

So is this the week or will it be after the holiday?
From the Iowa Board today:

Iowa board will release information to NCEES who will then mail the results. No release date available. I'm guessing I'll see results week of July 12th. :mail-296:
That is just terrible. So NCEES sends the results to the Iowa board, which waits a month then sends the results back to NCEES, who then mails the results to the test-takers? That does not at all sound efficient. What on earth have they been doing?

:blowup:
They said they are still "working on converting that information for release". Sounds like re-grading to me. I'm not taking any test in this state again. If I had known they re-grade them, I would have taken it in another state. :BS:
If true (and somebody else here also said they re-grade them), I wonder what they hope to accomplish with a re-grade. If there is doubt about the score on any particular test, doesn't NCEES already have a mechanism in place to request a re-grade? So what exactly is the benefit of re-grading all the tests and making us all wait? Are there any other states that go through the trouble of a re-grade, I wonder, or is Iowa the only one?

There is no way that the Iowa board has the expertise or time availability to re-grade tests. That is ridiculous.

I think it is simply that what takes other state boards a matter of hours to input pass or fail into some sort of spreadsheet takes the Iowa board 5-6 weeks.

Let's hope it's this week.

I passed SE1 exam last april 2009...took SE2 this april 2010. I found out i passed via letter on July 10 last year.

So, just sent an e-mail to Bob Lampe and his boss looking for answers. Got an auto-reply, they both are on vacation this week!!!!!

This is almost getting to the point where this is funny.

At least in CA we know why it takes so long (because of the state specific PE exams). Not meaning to offend anyone, but I am glad I did not give my exam in IA.

What do you guys expect? You live in IA for f&*k's sakes.

Just teasin', the wait sucks and I hope you all can put this out of your minds and enjoy the long weekend. If your results come in as pass, than the wait will be forgotten.

Good Luck

So, just sent an e-mail to Bob Lampe and his boss looking for answers. Got an auto-reply, they both are on vacation this week!!!!!
This is almost getting to the point where this is funny.
Not surprised. Now I am moving my predicted delivery date out to the third week in July. I'm guessing July 22nd. Anyone taking bets? :drunk:

I was told this morning that the letters were mailed on Friday the 2nd-so my money is on this week...............maybe even today depending on your proximity to Ames.

I was told this morning that the letters were mailed on Friday the 2nd-so my money is on this week...............maybe even today depending on your proximity to Ames.
Cool....where'd you get your info? :mail-296:

However since our mail has already come in today without the results, I'm hoping they were actually MAILED on Friday, not just put into an outbox that didn't get processed until Tuesday.

I was told by Bob Lampe that the results were released on Friday. Now if what was said before is true, that the results will be mailed by NCEES, I don't have my hopes up for this week. If they were released Friday nobody touched them until Tuesday at NCEES. Pending a few days to process, if they started on it immediately, and mail time from the east coast my guess is early next week.

Remember we think this is a life or death situation, nobody else gives a rats ass.

razski, your avatar makes me laugh (and I'm a Cowboys fan). I have to ask, though, of all teams, why the Cowboys? I've never thought of the Packers and the Cowboys as rivals. Or is it just because the Cowboys are the Yankees of football (i.e. you either love them or hate them)?

I've actually been wondering about the Cowboys helmet for a while too-but then I realized it must just be a joke because everyone knows Cheese-Heads don't know how to use toilet paper :)

razski, your avatar makes me laugh (and I'm a Cowboys fan). I have to ask, though, of all teams, why the Cowboys? I've never thought of the Packers and the Cowboys as rivals. Or is it just because the Cowboys are the Yankees of football (i.e. you either love them or hate them)?
I have one for the Viqueens and Bears, but love to hate on the Cowboys since my good buddy likes them. Just made my account the week the Pack Attack was to play the Cowgirls. I think the Pack and Cowboys have a rivalry for who is Americans Team. But this day in age, not as many die hard fans, just peeps that come out of the wood work if their team is having a good year. Thanks!

I've actually been wondering about the Cowboys helmet for a while too-but then I realized it must just be a joke because everyone knows Cheese-Heads don't know how to use toilet paper :)
Just sit back the wait for your results Mr. P and stop :smileyballs: (<--- doing this) to yourself about when we are getting results. I did the same thing last time just to get the big F-A-I-L letter. Last time it took 12 weeks 1 day when I got the results and piss on the board for f'in with peoples lives.

Just sit back the wait for your results Mr. P and stop :smileyballs: (<--- doing this) to yourself about when we are getting results. I did the same thing last time just to get the big F-A-I-L letter. Last time it took 12 weeks 1 day when I got the results and piss on the board for f'in with peoples lives.
Are you sure you're not a closet Queens fan? Because you sound just as bitter and pessimistic as I do every season-and the only way I know of to get like that is to always expect the worst and STILL be let down every-friggin-time.

Latest posts

Back