IA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing in todays mail for me either. (West Des Moines, IA)
Wow, in West Des Moines you could have sent Lassie for the results and already had them for a week. Makes the wait in Council Bluffs seem not quite as bad.
You should have already gotten the result in West Des Moines. I recieved my passing result in Urbandale last Thursday. I did, however, go to the board on Thursday in person to confirm the results had been sent. The mail is sent from one of the state buildings in Des Moines. The results were sent there on Friday and were mailed out of Tuesday, July 6th.

West Des Moines, you should call and make sure they have the correct address for you.
I got the letter yesterday that I passed(first time, Electrical,Power). The letter was dated July 1st, but it was mailed from 50319 on July 9th(per the postage stamp). All the results were not mailed on the same day.

I buy that-I highly doubt that there could be this much variation in delivery dates if they were all SENT on the same day. It would be nice though if they would just tell us up front that they are getting mailed in batches though wouldn't it. Let's hope that they didn't mail the passers first and failures second though because so far everyone who's posted they got their letter has passed..............

Agreed, it would be nice if they didn't leave everyone in the dark. It's not that hard to get information out to people and it should not take this long. By the way, I'm still waiting too, in Ankeny, probably 2 miles or less from the boards office...

Wow, in West Des Moines you could have sent Lassie for the results and already had them for a week. Makes the wait in Council Bluffs seem not quite as bad.
You should have already gotten the result in West Des Moines. I recieved my passing result in Urbandale last Thursday. I did, however, go to the board on Thursday in person to confirm the results had been sent. The mail is sent from one of the state buildings in Des Moines. The results were sent there on Friday and were mailed out of Tuesday, July 6th.

West Des Moines, you should call and make sure they have the correct address for you.
So it would appear that the Board's statement to Ferrdog was not accurate if Wonder's letter wasn't even postmarked until the 9th-Right?

So it would appear that the Board's statement to Ferrdog was not accurate if Wonder's letter wasn't even postmarked until the 9th-Right?
Sure seems that way, my post mark was July 6th. We were told when we went up to the board meeting that the results were distributed by the board on Friday the 2nd.

Still no results for me. Maybe today...
Are you as sick as me of the "maybe today!" mantra I've been saying every morning for a month? Since you are so close to their office have you considered going down there and asking for your results in person-or is that not allowed?

This sounds bad but it is great to hear I am not the only one still waiting. Two of my friens in Iowa have found out they passed. I am still waiting :( (live in IL)

Still no results for me. Maybe today...
Are you as sick as me of the "maybe today!" mantra I've been saying every morning for a month? Since you are so close to their office have you considered going down there and asking for your results in person-or is that not allowed?
Yes I am and yes I have considered it. I figured it was not allowed though, so I've avoided it.

And yet another day of disappointment-not that I really expected today to be the day anyways. Good luck to the rest of you hopefulls.

Since it looks like I may be waiting awhile still, I have a question for the lucky ones who know they passed. What is the next step towards getting your actual license number from the board, do you have to fill out a form and send a check or can you activate your license online with a credit card?

Just curious if there will be another long wait to officially be a PE if I to get a passing letter here soon.

The letter I received stated I passed, then gave directions to pay your licence fees. You can either fax your credit card info or mail a check. I sent a check in the mail on Saturday and this afternoon I was listed on the website. In the letter they say wait 5-7 days before you are listed on the website.

So I know I'm overthinking this but does anyone know someone in Iowa who has gotten a FAIL letter? So far everyone who's posted passed in April and there now seems to be a lag in the results letters. With all this extra time to think I'm trying to think of reasons that there would be a gap in the results, and other then by last name or city, the only other one I can think of is pass/fail since they would be different letters and would be printed in a seperate batch.

So I know I'm overthinking this but does anyone know someone in Iowa who has gotten a FAIL letter? So far everyone who's posted passed in April and there now seems to be a lag in the results letters. With all this extra time to think I'm trying to think of reasons that there would be a gap in the results, and other then by last name or city, the only other one I can think of is pass/fail since they would be different letters and would be printed in a seperate batch.
I have a co-worker who got a fail letter last week. He is in the Des Moines metro area.

I have a co-worker who got a fail letter last week. He is in the Des Moines metro area.
Thank-I hate to say it but that's a relief. Our power has been out all evening and I have had nothing to do but sit and stew.

I am happy to say I FINALLY received my pass letter (Champaign, IL) and was then socked to read that I still had to pay to get my license. It was odd that my letter was postmarked July 9th but I didn't receive it until the 14th (and letters from the DSM area usually only take 2 days by post). It looked like on the bottom someone had crossed out the routing barcode which had the wrong zip code on it.

I am happy to say I FINALLY received my pass letter (Champaign, IL) and was then socked to read that I still had to pay to get my license. It was odd that my letter was postmarked July 9th but I didn't receive it until the 14th (and letters from the DSM area usually only take 2 days by post). It looked like on the bottom someone had crossed out the routing barcode which had the wrong zip code on it.
Congratulation!

And I finally got mine too-PASS! What a load off. My letter is dated the July 1st with a July 6th postmark but the routing number is crossed off as well and there is a stamp on the back from July 9th in Mackinaw IL? Someone in the mailroom must have sent out a bad batch. Good luck everyone-hopefully today is the day for you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I finally got mine too-PASS! What a load off. My letter is dated the July 1st with a July 6th postmark but the routing number is crossed off as well and there is a stamp on the back from July 9th in Mackinaw IL? Someone in the mailroom must have sent out a bad batch. Good luck everyone-hopefully today is the day for you too.
I guess that makes you Mr. Pass! Congrats!

Back