I want to become an environmental engineer??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saying I know about airline careers did i say I knew anything about engineering or computer science? FUCK which career is better CS or Engineering liek i asked this question atleast 4 tiems now
you may have asked the question, but you peppered it with lots of extra bits of info that would change/influence the answer someone could give. Even then answers will vary.

We are engineers not computer science people. So you will have to find a CS forum to get their opinion on life as a CS person and compare to what engineers have told you then decide for yourself what is better for YOU. We can tell you what it is like in the engineering world...which is what people have posted. Yes sometimes we take humor a little to far, but some of your ideals are really a little far fetched based on our experience in the engineering field.

wooo i just quit my job at mcdonalds a few weeks ago.... honestly it makes no difference to me as long as i can invest 10 K a year i WILL be a millionaire i forgot ot mention im a profitable trader...

Being a rap star can bring in lots of coin. You may need to do some time in jail to improve your street cred. With your GED your are already overeducated, so you can "get a job" immediately and start putting away that 10k for the retirement crib.

If the rap thing doesn't work out, you could always wheel and deal on the streets, what with being a profitable trader and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha i did 2 years in juvie thats why i got my GED instead of graduating top of my class with a 4.0 that i had!

wooo i just quit my job at mcdonalds a few weeks ago.... honestly it makes no difference to me as long as i can invest 10 K a year i WILL be a millionaire i forgot ot mention im a profitable trader...
I suggest you PM a member named ironman. I believe he could supply you with a good deal of valuable aviation and engineering information, and you two should really hit it off.

If nothing else the two of you could collaborate on a writing style manual.

Hello i am currently a freshman at Harrisburg Area Community College in Pennsylvania. I have to take a few remedial courses because I dropped out of high school and earned my GED. So it is going to take me a total of 3 years to complete all the courses i need to transfer. Now I was looking at University of Pittsburgh as my top choice, then Drexel, then Iowa State, then Oklahoma State, then Temple. I'm worried that because of my situation I will not be as competitive when it comes to getting a job. What is the demand of environmental engineers? I want to help the environment and stop pollution, and make decent money. Hypothetically speaking, say i maintain a 3.0 GPA and go to one of these schools and earn a degree in environmental engineering will I be able to secure a job right out of college? Drexel University actually has a Co-op unlike PITT, and it costs 15K a year more to go there. My long term goal is in fact to become an airline pilot. Engineering is something I know I would enjoy and I mainly want it as a stepping stone/backup in case aviation does not work out. You see when i get out of school I will be spending 50K-100K over a few years in flight training, then I will have to instruct for low wages while I do this I want to be an engineer. In fact i'm even considering jsut doing away with an aviation career and just focusing on engineering, that way Ill just buy my own general aviation aircraft to fly. A major concern of mine is how I am going to invest 10K a year in the stock market for retirement and pay for everything else? Because investing for retirement is crucial too me.
Although this thread went downhill fast, (even Fudgey got in it), I will give you a serious answer, take it for what you will.....

It's not even so much about how much $$ you will be making at first, as it is return on your investment. If you are a decent 'trader' like you said, then you'll understand.

If you go to a State school or a cheaper school out of state, and get the same degree for half of the tuition investment, you can start off making less $ but be better off because of having less loan payments to re-pay.

Some people forget to look at that aspect. I always try to tell a H.S. junior/senior to keep it in mind.

The savings of several hundred/month in loans makes a big difference.

But, with that said, Engineering is going nowhere, environmental issues are going nowhere, so it's a stable field.

Computer science will only grow IMO, so its a very stable field too.

DON'T MAKE A DECISION BASED ON MONEY, MAKE THE DECISION BASED ON WHICH ONE INTERESTS YOU.

my $0.02

ha i did 2 years in juvie thats why i got my GED instead of graduating top of my class with a 4.0 that i had!
AirlinePilot, I have the polygraph results right here. We asked you if you did two years in juvie. You said yes. We asked if you had a 4.0 at any, ANY time in your high school career. You said yes.

And the test results showed....you did NOT tell the truth.

I am seldom disappointed when I take my monthly peek into the Hall of Fame!

Back