I passed...so now what?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftturn72

Reaction score
Any advice from the veterans would be greatly appreciated! Some of my questions:

Where is a good place to order my seal?

Should I get an NCEES record right away?

Anything else I'm not thinking about, or anything you wish someone would have told you?

Thanks fellow EB.com-ers!

http://www.engineerseals.com/ is a place a lot of folks go. If you search the board you will find several threads about where to buy seals/stamps etc...

If you plan on getting your license in several states, there is no harm in completed the NCEES record as soon as you get your #. There are maintance costs associated with it though, so if you really have no intention on getting multiple states then ask yourself if it worth the investment.

Any advice from the veterans would be greatly appreciated! Some of my questions:

Anything else I'm not thinking about, or anything you wish someone would have told you?

Have a look at this thread with regard to obtaining a seal/stamp.

Thanks for links and the advice.

Anything else we should be doing/thinking about? Besides celebrating, that is. My celebration officialy begins tomorrow at noon...

Have a look at this thread with regard to obtaining a seal/stamp.
So, do you (or anybody else) have a recommendation on whether to get a pre-inked stamp or a non-inked stamp? Will I need to get an embossing seal?

I have a non inked because I have yet to stamp anything other than pieces of paper to show to people. If you see yourself stamping a lot, the preinked stamp might save time.

Does anyone know how long it really takes to get the certificate? My letter says up to 12 weeks.

Does anyone know how long it really takes to get the certificate? My letter says up to 12 weeks.

depends on the state...in IL they mail as soon as the number is issued which is a couple days after results are posted.

Back