I PASSED FE 6th ATTEMPT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEEL MAN

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Im very happy I got the passing letter from APEGGA today and I passed 6th attempt.....finally FE is Over and PE is next.....feel so good......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

thanks guys,I wont give up not until i will have my PE license.

I was like crazy yesterday when i opened my mailbox and the envelope was thin i knew i passed cuz it was different with the other 5 mails from apegga, i screamed and shouted and i cant control myself down 2 blocks in my neighborhood shouting and running yelling on top of my voice that i passed and my neighbors couldnt figure out why i was like that.... :)

and another thing, yesterday i went to my office cuz i just came from the field for two weeks and showed my passing letter to my boss and colleague, they are canadian PEng and they didnt wrote FE exams, they said, Steel man, if i was to write that exam, i know for sure i wont make it...i just laughed and told hem it took me years to study for this FE exam and passed, BTW, i graduated 15 years ago. I took FE ivil PM discipline.

what did you do different to pass this time?

So many things I can share based on my experience. Lets start from my earlier attempts.

1st, I studied only NCEES CivilPM and Gen AM reviewer. - Wrote PM Civil

2nd I used FERM and Civil PM by Linde for both - Wrote PM Civil

3rd Add some review bookS from PPI for AM - wrote PM Gen

4th I add more PPI Am books and CERM for PM - wrote Civil PM

5th studied CERM PM and EIT Ref for PM - wrote Civil PM

6th, honestly didnt study I was so busy, I studied general engineering concepts good back to old school texts and understood NCEES Supplied reference manual spEcially the Civil PM - wrote Civil.

on the day before the exam, I tried to relax and do that too in the exam day, my mind and body was cooperating much, I gained confidence, and everything I have answered was right there on the choices and Im pretty sure I nailed it both AM and PM. I can still even remember the questions on that exam day. specially on the civil pm and even solve it back home and was very confident on my answers that i get it.

Honestly the review books didnt help much in the PM it was understanding NCEES formulas and how to apply it was the key to my success on the FE Exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

I bet it was dissapointing the 5th time around.

I am sure the PE is much easier because you have had enough experience taking the EIT exam.

good luck.

Congratulations. I bet it was dissapointing the 5th time around.

I am sure the PE is much easier because you have had enough experience taking the EIT exam.

good luck.

smart enginner,

yes, it was but still i didnt look back i move till the end. i do hope and will give my best on this PE Exam.

good luck.

smart enginner,

yes, it was but still i didnt look back i move till the end. i do hope and will give my best on this PE Exam.

STEEL MAN how effected was the CERM.

Congrats!!!!!

I'm very proud of you for sticking it out after so many tries.

I will be taking the PE a 4th time in October (failed twice in EE & FPE, passed FPE) and would be willing to take it a few more times if necessary but no desire to ever take FE again, and I only took it once.

good luck.

smart enginner,

STEEL MAN how effected was the CERM.

wvgirl,

it does help on areas like transpo, geotech, structural design and analysis specially if you have forgotten these theoretical things, but dont forget to study the NCCES supplied ref handbook in the Civil and engvironmental portion and understand them heartily, that mad me pass I believe.

Latest posts

Back