I GOT A DATE!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bravo bravo Fudgey, you made that story your bitch! seriously, its like i'm right there with you :respect:

Hey fudgey ... I am going to need some dating advice. I have a good shot at a date with an attorney - she's actually a lobbyist but I am not sure what interest she represents. It has been awhile since I have tried to lay on the moves to get things started in a friendly/dating sort of way.

Any advice for how to get the ball started without sending her a note that says check a box: do you like me or do you like, like me??

Thanks bro! :)

JR

^ Have her summoned? Then the judge could ask her is she likes you or not. Under oath.

^ Have her summoned? Then the judge could ask her is she likes you or not. Under oath.
Wow .. that is pretty clever!! I might have to give that a shot .... but that gets me to the DO I ask her out ... not quite HOW do I ask her out. I am looking for expert fudgey advice. Or anyone else who has an idea.

JR

Wow .. that is pretty clever!! I might have to give that a shot .... but that gets me to the DO I ask her out ... not quite HOW do I ask her out. I am looking for expert fudgey advice. Or anyone else who has an idea.

JR

she's got you stuttering I see.

would this be an attorney / client relation? if not, I'd try the direct approach. if it is, I'd ask for a ruling.

she's got you stuttering I see.[
Yeah .. I know ... and I can see that epic failure in my future if I don't plan it right!

would this be an attorney / client relation? if not, I'd try the direct approach. if it is, I'd ask for a ruling.
No, I am not a client. This attorney is a local lobbyist - I am not sure which industry/interest she is representing only that she mostly works out of Jacksonville.

Believe it or not ... Tallahassee has the HIGHEST per capita of lawyers. :true: I figured if I was searching for the middle-aged, professional lady, that I would eventually run into attorneys.

Besides .. I should be happy, right? What better way to get screwed than dating an attorney! :laugh:

:joke:

We'll see what happens .. I gotta see if there is any chemistry between us first. :) But, in order to not sound like a completely blathering, blundering idiot, I am thinking about the next step .... suggestions welcome! :)

JR

most attorneys are not ambulence chasing jackels. legal work is generally pretty mundane protection of the client's interests.

regarding dating a lawyer, I recommend it. I have been married to one for 20 years!

They are regular people, I took my wife on a canoe trip.

JR
Just a thought, but I would wait until Soon-to-be-Ex Mrs. JREGIENG is THE Ex Mrs. JREGIENG. I had a friend who was interested in a guy that was in the process, but got HIGHLY offended that he asked her out before it was all said and done.

So, that's my one thought. You may be finished with all that, and it's not a problem. But, I know she never gave him the time of day afterwards.

Just a thought, but I would wait until Soon-to-be-Ex Mrs. JREGIENG is THE Ex Mrs. JREGIENG. I had a friend who was interested in a guy that was in the process, but got HIGHLY offended that he asked her out before it was all said and done.
So, that's my one thought. You may be finished with all that, and it's not a problem. But, I know she never gave him the time of day afterwards.
Hmmm ... that's a pretty good point. I guess my thinking is that the separation is quite clear and the decision is in the works.

Thanks for the perspective and point! Advice will be heeded. :)

JR

^ Or at the very least, be totally up front about it. Mention that you have decided to get divorced and are currently moving ahead with the process.

Like JM said, it may freak a woman out that you're still technically married. You don't want her to think you are hiding important things from her or using her as a rebound date or as a way to get back at your ex-wife.

Again, I'm a little young to have many divorced friends, but I've seen breakups over the years. Sometimes you get one person that just jumps back into the dating scene to stick it to their former partner that they have a new bf/gf and have moved on.

Plus, if you are dating someone else, you can be accused of infidelity while still married. Seriously, I'd hold out until the paers are finalized.

Plus, if you are dating someone else, you can be accused of infidelity while still married. Seriously, I'd hold out until the paers are finalized.
I was about to say this- this happened to a friend of mine. But that was NOT an amicable split, maybe it's not always like that.

Back