I Got 999 First World Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drafters computer started acting up, so we all have to get new workstations.
giphy.gif

Refrigerator is so full on grocery day I cant get to the pickle jar without putting 4 gallons of milk on the floor.

Sure it does!  Just ask those who have partaken in the "milk challenge"!

After replacing my cracked screen, I have to turn my smartphone sideways to see my screen while I'm wearing my polarized sunglasses. 

A vendor is taking us to the Ga-Tenn game this weekend, and I don't know what to wear for the 3- day event??

The copper drain pipes under my kitchen sink have started leaking. Therefore I can't use this sink or the dishwasher. I have to carry my dirty dishes down to the finished basement's kitchen to be HAND washed.

I can't continue to live like this.

I had to set up my finger print scanner on my new galaxy s8 TWICE for the same finger because it's hard to hold the phone, touch the scanner, and not press any other buttons. 

I need to have my Camaro towed to the local inspection facility to get license plates because NZ does not recognize out of country plates.

I need to have my Camaro towed to the local inspection facility to get license plates because NZ does not recognize out of country plates.
How far is it?  Go for it!

Not for anything but does everybody have to tow their unregistered car to the inspection station prior to getting it registered?  That's pretty backwards.

Vehicles are registered before you buy them from the dealership and the plates stay with them for the life of the car. They don't do the 30-60 day temp tags like in the US. And since you can't just drive the car from another state/country (they only have one plate for the whole country instead of state-based tags), you will never see anything other than NZ plates. 

Because I didn't buy my car locally, it needs to be inspected to ensure it meets local laws before it can be registered. So technically, I have to have it towed to the inspection facility and once it passes then I'll be able to buy plates for it. Then, cars need to have a Warrant of Fitness inspection every 2 years (longer if purchased new) in order to renew plates. Additionally, NZ laws require all cars to be right-hand drive, so I had to apply for an exemption permit to avoid having to convert it. They only allocate 500 permits per year and they were out by the time I got the paperwork done last year, so I had to reapply at the beginning of 2017.

I read that as Walmart of Fitness and i was like uh. ok. 

Company provides us with iPads (or a $350 credit toward an "upgraded" model) to use for whatever we want - ideally to aid us in our work and being mobile and paperless, but I also use mine for a lot of chromecasting. We're doing a company wide upgrade and I hate apple products but that's what we get and now I have to decide what to use the $350 allowance for. iPad regular (no extra cost to me), iPad Pro 10.5 with apple pencil (probably about 450 extra), iPad Pro 12.8 with apple pencil (about 600 extra). I can probably get 200-250 out of my current iPad Air 2 on ebay (it's in baller condition and I have the original box)

but what do I dooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Friday, we're having office pizza later, and they've finally trimmed the trees outside our office...  But now they're shredding the branches and it's loud.

Took the Camaro out of the garage yesterday to get it cleaned up before taking it in for the inspection. A bird shit on it in the 2 minutes it was parked outside while I took the towels back to the house.

Back