How much did you spend on your PE license frame?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob_PE

Reaction score
Some of the guys at work tell me they dropped over $200 on their nice license frames/matting. How much did you spend? / How much do you intend to spend?

My 11x14 certificate plus frame was right around $200. My mom paid for it since she never bought me a gift for graduating grad school.

Nothing.

I only have the 8.5x11 printout from Illinois that also includes my wallet card.

$200.00??????? I have not recieved my certificate but will in next few days. I was thinking may be $20-$30.00 for the frame!!!!

I think I spent around $50-75. If you think about it though... what's $200 in the grand scheme of things involved with that license? That's one damn expensive piece of paper we have.

If anyone has come up with an affordable setup that allows for both the certificate and the pencil to be placed in the frame, please let me know. So far I have been looking into graduations frames that have room for a tassel, but I'd really like to have the pencil oriented horizontally in the frame. It's a tough choice, though, because while it was horizontal as I entered the testing site, I often laid it vertically while I thumbed through reference material.

$10

imag0491e.jpg

That really depends. In the states in which I have licenses, they all require that the physical license be displayed in my office. So, I have all of those thumb tacked to a cork board.

The embossed license certificates that they send a few months later I have hanging in my house with nice frames and matting. I think the frames and matting were like $100-150 at Michaels. They typically run 50% off sales two or three times a year ... time your order correctly for some big savings.

I had my first license matted and framed but it was still less han ~$80. I have had my wife buy several matching frames for future licenses, certifications, etc. I now have several on one of my walls and they all match (unlike most other license walls I've seen).

My last company framed both of mine. The original sits in some Office Depot brand frame that cost ~$30. The duplicate was professionally mounted to match the rest of the company's licenses. I think that one was ~$150. Instead of a frame, it was attached to a solid walnut board, had some decorative gold flaking put around it, and a thick layer of polyurethane over the top of it. I think it's spent the last 1.5 years in a box somewhere in the basement, while the original sits on my desk (still in the cheapo frame).

I think mine was over $200. I had no problem paying that to display something I'm very proud of.

Nothing; the company I work for had purchased larger frames that can hold 3-4 certificates each. When I leave, I'll probably get a decent but not incredible one.

Never got a frameable certificate...just the license that gets replaced every 2 yrs. So it is in a cheapo frame with a cheapo matte sitting in a conspicuous location on a file cabinet at work. THe college dipolma is still sitting in the padded book thing they gave us at graduation, like the highschool dipolma.

My mom dropped a couple hundred getting my college degree framed because it was some goofy size. Ohio's PE certificate is the same way, but since I was paying for this one I just went to Michaels and found one of their nice looking off-the-shelf frames and then had them cut a mat to fit the certificate. It looks like a custom frame but only cost a few $$$. Technically the border is not perfectly symmetrical, but unless you want to measure it you'd never notice.

Back