How many pages was your SER?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade_TX

Reaction score
How many pages was your SER?  I know it says a maximum of 12 and there are no minimum requirements, but I am getting some conflicting information on how much detail should be in it.  I have heard of PE's that submitted 1 page and others that submitted 12.  

Depends on how much experience you're accounting for but I personally just submitted my first time application via the NCEES council record and had the equivalent of about 2-3 pages of info for my SER portion... made it through Technical review in 1 day... I'd just be as detailed as you can be and demonstrate that you've progressed technically over the years as well as gained diverse experience.

Thank you for your response.  I did not realize that Texas recognized the NCEES Record.  

My SER was about 12 pages total.  First I submitted 8 pages for eight years of experience, because I only have a B.S. in chemistry.  They denied my application and said I needed 3 more years of experience after the Texas Board had a vote (all nay) on my application and kept the $300 application fee.  I've passed the FE exam since 2006 and worked as an engineer intern under 5 different licensed PE supervisors since 2007.  I recently resubmitted with an additional 4 pages for additional experience and I was finally approved to take the exam last year.  I'm convinced they don't like non engineer majors sitting for the PE exam.  I'm awaiting results for April 2018 exam Civil WRE.  

Actually, they asked me to submit two additional pages after receiving the 4 pages in 2017.   

Total about 14 pages for SER and with 6 different PE references. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was 3 pages.

Length doesn't matter - just ensure you capture all your engineering experience so you leave no doubt you've met the minimum experience requirement.

I submitted 3 SERs. 

Giid advise that i received was to structure in concise way and emphasize the design, review, calculation work you did. These are important. 

I had one SER was for teaching experience at university, it was considered as well. 

Mine was about 6-pages.  It covered two jobs, with the first being an on-staff engineer and that other as a consultant.  The consultant job took up 75% of the space since I listed every client project I did over the 7.5 years in that role.  Some projects were as short as one month, and others were as long as 1.5 years.

I was at first concerned they would raise questions, since I did not include anything from my current role (that last 7 years) since that experience seemed the weakest (entirely focused on Compliance).  However, I did not get any push-back from the New York Board on what I listed. 

Latest posts

Back