Home Improvement/Repair Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have no problems with the white wire shelf/hang stuff.  We have a double layer hang on the long wall of the closer with the curved rail on the upper in the corner with like 4 of the wire shelfs on the short wall.  
Ours are poorly laid out by the previous owners and wrinkle/leave lines in anything we stack on them.

The wire stuff is okay. I actually put it in the hall closet, but just shelves. It's kind of like the particle board stuff though...very pricey for what you're getting...especially when you're doing a whole walk in closet. We also need drawers along with our hanging stuff.

The wife is already complaining about the lack of drawer space, and with just one dresser in the bedroom, I have to agree. I'm looking to add some drawer space on each side of the closet so we each have 3 or 4 drawers for stuff like socks and underwear, Building the actual drawers should be pretty easy, especially with a decent table saw. My biggest thing is going to be figuring out the spacing.

I checked a lot of reviews and YouTube videos and it sounds like a really nice saw. It had some issues with blade alignment for a while, but all those comments were from several years ago and it sounds like they fixed the cause. Thing ways over 500 pounds so I was having some fun trying to get it on the dolly. There was another guy in the tool aisle who came over and gave me a hand. He told me he has the same saw and loves it, and based on his shirt, he looked like a professional contractor.

I miss my table saw, sold it when I did the big move, it was really useful. I had the cheaper one that Delta sells but I never realized how much I used that thing until I didn't have it anymore..

I miss my table saw, sold it when I did the big move, it was really useful. I had the cheaper one that Delta sells but I never realized how much I used that thing until I didn't have it anymore..
that's usually the way things work out

It's one of those things that I had wished I'd had in the past during certain projects around the house, but just ended up making do with the circular saw. After I started thinking about making some of this stuff for the house instead of buying it, I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

It seems like it should be a nice compromise...more work area than one of those folding job site saws, but with retracting wheels so it's more portable than a cabinet saw.

Anyone else seen or have a gas hot water heater that doesn't have a thermostat?

I've searched all over mine and can't find one. I am wondering if it's some "eco friendly" version that my quasi hippy government mandated?

I've searched all over mine and can't find one. I am wondering if it's some "eco friendly" version that my quasi hippy government mandated?
It's a water heater, not a hot water heater!  :p  

Anyone else seen or have a gas hot water heater that doesn't have a thermostat?I've searched all over mine and can't find one. I am wondering if it's some "eco friendly" version that my quasi hippy government mandated?
Do you have a picture of her?

No temp dial at the burner?

The water temperature needs to be regulated somewhere.  At our previous house we had tankless hot water and when we upgraded the system they added a "boiler buddy" which was essentially a storage tank for the "tankless" system.  I was a full size tank that operated as another heating zone where it filled with hot water and if it cooled would exchange through the boiler to maintain temperature.  I do not recall if it had a separate thermostat.  Does your tank have a brand and model number?  The Instructions for the unit should say how the temperature is set.

Back