Home Address on Sealed Drawings

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaon7

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a state that required the PE's home address to be on sealed drawings.  I recently began working with a PE who is registered in a bunch of states, and puts his home address on everything because he thinks that once, a state made him.

Thanks

I have never heard of that.  However, the Texas Board of PE's does have a system where one can look up the info of a registered professional engineer.  This includes home address, if I'm not mistaken.

Does anyone "seal" anymore?  Do you mean stamp/sign?  I have never seen this.  The firm's address should be on there but the signing engineer doesn't need to include his personal address that I know of. 

Yeah never heard of that but I haven't stamped in all 50 states.....yet.........

Does anyone "seal" anymore?  Do you mean stamp/sign?  I have never seen this.  The firm's address should be on there but the signing engineer doesn't need to include his personal address that I know of. 
NJ uses an embossed stamp.   That might be considered sealing. I've seen drawings stamped from many states and never heard of needing an address.  

NJ uses an embossed stamp.   That might be considered sealing. I've seen drawings stamped from many states and never heard of needing an address.  
Yeah, that would be sealing.  Heck, I don't even see ink stamping anymore.  It seems the more common method now is to include the stamp in ACAD, digitally.  Then, all the EOR does is sign.   

However, the Texas Board of PE's does have a system where one can look up the info of a registered professional engineer.  This includes home address, if I'm not mistaken.
Most states have the PEs home address listed online. Searchable by name, number and sometimes location.  I'm not a fan....

No, I mean seal.  That is the term used in every state that I am registered in.  The fact that it is an inked rubber stamp does not change the term.  And I sign and date it.

Yeah I consider stamp/seal to be the same thing....

South Carolina made us also stamp out corporate seal in addition to the pe stamp. Seemed odd to me...

No, I mean seal.  That is the term used in every state that I am registered in.  The fact that it is an inked rubber stamp does not change the term.  And I sign and date it.

I'm not sure that I agree.  A stamp and a seal are different.  A seal is typically a raised or embossed impression, and a stamp is an inked imprint. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at:

California Code of Regulations
Title 16, Division 5
411. Seal and Signature.

Latest posts

Back