History in the making...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she has suceeded in stirring up Obama's camp, lately he is making Bush look like Einstien by spending too much time talking about her (shouldnt he either talk about mcain or "his changes")

Two things I find interesting right now:

1. The presidential candidate for one party is disparaging the experience level of the VP candidate of the other party. Pretty interesting strategy considering that most people don't vote based on who the VP will be.

2. If you're going to make a big deal out of the VP choice, how do you claim you're going to change Washington as an outsider, then pick a running mate who has been a senator since 1973?

I'm not a big fan of either candidate but this election season is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Boy, if you let them talk long enough, sooner-or-later one of them will say something incredibly stupid (context is irrelevant) - guess which party oughtta put a sock in it? the same one's been out of the whitehouse these last 8 years, soon to be 12.

Yeah, that much time on tv and on record, you are bound to say something stupid. I mean, look at Bush, how many lines have they gotten from him?

Its to the point that any candidate should first start their campaign on tv by saying "I will eventually say something idiotic and confusing, I apologize in advance. Afterwards we can all watch it on YouTube for hours on end while eating cheetos and drinking "the Dew"."

They are catching everybody these days, they caught Palin and McCain the other day about the "plane on Ebay" thing.

Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does"

Nobody slips up more than them Dem's - From Hillary's harrowing middle of combat touchdown to Obama's lipstick on Palin (I mean Pig) -

Boy, if you let them talk long enough, sooner-or-later one of them will say something incredibly stupid (context is irrelevant) - guess which party oughtta put a sock in it? the same one's been out of the whitehouse these last 8 years, soon to be 12.
<---Based on your comments, putting a sock in it. Will stick to non-political threads.

Hey, I mean no oppression of thoughts & candor here. . .just find it amazing the poor choice of words that these candidates ultimately let fly, and then get pissy about. I just wanna hear one of them, just once, say "yeah that was a regrettable thing I said, i meant no personal affront by it, my intended context was this. . . ."

<---Based on your comments, putting a sock in it. Will stick to non-political threads.

I have been accused of being a libertarian (isn't that the guy that works at the place where they keep the books?)

how long has it been since there has been one of those in office?

maybe I should shut my trap too...

what exactly are we putting the sock in?

Last edited by a moderator:
On O'Reilly's FACTOR Obama just admitted the surge worked.
Obama just had a sit down with Bill O'Rielly . O'Rielly pushed him on the surge. Obama would not admit that Biden and him were wrong for not supporting the surge but he said the surge of troops in Iraq worked better than he could have ever imagined and that the violence is down.
I watched a few snippits of Obama on O'Reily. I am not sure whey he chose to go on that venue but I felt it made him look like a flummoxed fool with respect to his tax plan.

I've been watching the McCain/Obama drama off and on, and I admit I know little about each.
But is Palin running for President or is McCain? Palin has gotten more face time since her selection than McCain. I think if they swapped spots she would overtake the race and beat out Obama. But then again, the Republican slate so far has been "change" which I really don't see happening with either mcCain or Obama.

Palins preggers daughter is a wash to me, at least the father is there with her.

I'll probably end up voting for Obama as I just can't get myself to like McCain for some reason. He just seems like a sneaky guy and that he is hiding something. I also doubt we see anything new from him in office other than more troops in Iraq and Afganistan, additional tax breaks for big oil, and maybe some work to try and help the economy.

Not saying Obama is going to be any better, i think there will be a big disconnect between him and the military and he will try to implement an exit strategy but will fail miserably and will fall back into the Bush/McCain ideology. His "gov't funded health care" will be a dead duck. Gas is $5/gal, milk is close to the same, people are losing homes due to crappy loans, I doubt people will want to have more taxes to cover health care for everyone.
You know ... one thing I have heard much of from anyone is that the next president-elect will most likely be responsible for nominating not one, but two supreme court justices.

To me you are on point - both candidates fall into the same camp of empty promises. The question one must ask is how you want the make-up of the supreme court to be influenced by either candidate.

I throw that out as food for thought. :)

JR

Speaking of libertarian, I was listening to NPR today at lunch (I think it was the morning show from the mainland, repeated or something), and they were interviewing some of the thirdy-party candidates such as Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, the Green chick, etc. I think it was Ron Paul who said this:

"It's not that we are faced with a choice between the lesser of two evils in this election. It's that we face the evil of two lessers."

(referring of course to the dems and the republicans)

I kind of liked that one.

somebody mentioned something about it being a 'fun' electional year. . .well now it just got funner! (and funnier!)

From herobuilders.com:

THere's a supposed editorial written by Sarah Palin in this issue of EnergyBiz (p26)

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/energycentral/energybiz0908/

It's in some sort of wierd format.

Anyway, I have my doubts about whether she actually wrote this herself. Not that I have any idea whether she could or not, but rather whether she really has the time to write things like this now.

I just think it is a funny example of how fast and far reaching these campaigns are in getting their messages out. I mean, politics is such a huge, billion dollar industry in itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back