hello

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rift

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Paul, I live in Minnesota and am currently in the process of applying to sit for the Power PE exam in Wisconsin. Why Wisconsin? Well, they've recently gone back to their old rule of allowing people to take the test with 2 years of engineering school and 6 years of experience, which is what I have. I know some people have a problem with this policy, but those are the people that have little experience themselves. The engineer who founded our company of over 150 people has those credentials. So anyway, that's my story, and once I get approved to take the exam, I tend to be more of a fixture around here.

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to EB, Paul. I happen to be one who got a PE in NC with no degree (I was in an ABET engineering program, but didn't finish) and 20 years experience. :) I don't have a problem with 2 yrs + 6 years. The only problem you might encounter is comity between states. I hope you'll take full advantage of the forum while you're studying. You'll find a lot of technical help and a lot of encouragement here.

Welcome to EB, Paul. I happen to be one who got a PE in NC with no degree (I was in an ABET engineering program, but didn't finish) and 20 years experience. :) I don't have a problem with 2 yrs + 6 years. The only problem you might encounter is comity between states. I hope you'll take full advantage of the forum while you're studying. You'll find a lot of technical help and a lot of encouragement here.
Thanks Mary,

I don't excpect any comity from MN, the state is very strict in many regards. We have plenty of people at my firm to sign drawings.

Back