Happy Earth Day 2010!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Uncanny Pompadour
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Happy Earth Day 2010![/SIZE]

In honor of Earth Day, please observe the following rules for saving the planet. Feel free to add your own as well.

Since cars burn fossil fuels and emit poisonous gases into the atmosphere, do not drive or ride in a motorized vehicle today.

Since human waste is polluting our streams, rivers, and oceans, hold it - all of it, just for today.

Since plastic six pack retention rings trap our fellow animal brothers around the neck, no drinking beer today. That should make the previous rule easier to follow anyway.

Since carbon emissions from power plants are choking Mother Gaia, do not use electricity. That means turn off your computer, air conditioning, refrigerator, and all lighting.

Since batteries contain poisonous chemicals that clog our landfills, no flashlights either. No Gameboys for the kids - just give them a stick and send them outside. No calculators. No cell phones. You get the idea.

Since clean water is a vital natural resource that much of the world does not have access to, today go dry. Maybe whiskey is okay. No spring water either, cause that's stealing from Mother Gaia.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless the whiskey was made without the evil and polluting power stations that are strangling our planet, I suggest not drinking it, either.

I drove a company truck to work today, as well as starting my personal vehicle in the garage, leaving it to run all day.

I waded into the Colorado River this morning when I needed to relieve myself.

I don't drink beer in cans, but I pruchsed several six packs and gave them to the homeless. I pulled the rings, and threw them into the river while I was relieving myself in said river again.

I turned on all the lights in my house before leaving for work today. Also, I cranked my thermostat to 90. At work, I've turned on all thhe computers and lights, even though I'm the only one in the office.

Both of my cell phones are on, I use a wireless keyboard andf mouse (which use batteries) and I keep turing my calculator on when it automatically turns off.

I've already drank my way through one of those 5-gallon water bottles. This is contributing to my trips to the river.

However, I recycled a soda can this morning. Just doing my part!

I had 3 cups of coffee this morning followed by a bottle of water. What does that tell you?

I was going to throw away an aluminum can, but I melted it down, cast it into a Cat 3208 block, assembled a bulldozer around it and destroyed a rain forest with it. Then I built a coal fired power plant where the rain forest used to be.

But that's me. That's how I roll.

I vented my car's A/C to the atmosphere, used an electric vacuum pump to evacuate the air and put in a fresh charge of R-12. All while changing the oil in all three family cars (Anybody see a storm drain?) and drinking a rum & coke from a styrofoam cup....

I have some old mercury thermometers that I am going to smash into the stream next to my house While I am at it, I will also dump into the woods the old batteries, ceiling tiles, and old computers I have in my basement.

I have a bunch of cardboard boxes that I've needed to get rid of that have styrofoam inserts in them. I was going to just throw them away, but I think a sprinkle of gasoline and a backyard burning is in order. I will also fire up the race motor this afternoon and let it idle in the garage. Hopefully the fumes will be bad enough to kill the bird that's trying to nest in my ceiling.

Back