2009 Summary & Wishes for a HAPPY 2010!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
This is for all of us to share what the 2009 brought to our lives....good or bad.

This was a tough year for me and my family. I am not going to bore you with the details but I am just glad it is over. From family to health issues things went South since the beginning. The only bright spot was when we bought our house last April. Since then it has been a struggle but we are alive, and very important...together.

We were tested to the limit last Summer and Fall due to a serious health issue but the good Lord carried us thru the test and here I am...spamming like crazy during the last day of the year and the decade.

I lost an excellent chance for a promotion due to reasons that are not relevant anymore but there is a light shining at the horizon. Things are going to get better.

A friend of mine told me once that life is full of cycles. You will be OK in some and you will be not so OK in others. Enjoy the cycles you are doing OK and everything works for you and learn from the experiences of the difficult ones. As one of my friends here said...You will come out of it being a better person.

:multiplespotting: HAPPY 2010 to all of you :multiplespotting:

God bless you all and your families.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009 has been a good year for me. Not great, but not horrible either. Finances have taken a hit, but I'm still employed and have a good home. My family is happy and healthy. I got a promotion at work (title only). Here's hoping that 2010 is a little better than 2009, and I can put it in the Great catergory. Happy new year and God bless all you eb'ers out there!

To sum it up briefly, for us it was a year of surviving. My family had a good bit of trauma, a lot of upheaval, and a difficult time making a living in 2009. We managed to hang on but I don't know how we did it.

The new year is starting out with more changes, one kid moving out, another kid moving back in, and my office moving. I'm hopeful that after the dust settles things will get a bit easier.

Best wishes to everyone for a safe, happy and healthy 2010.

Financially we're no longer breaking even every month, so that really sucks. I have a lot of money in cash and stocks right now so I'm not worried about running out of money any time soon.

Work totally sucks.

My family is healthy, although me and Mrs. Chuck have really ended the year on a bad note.

Here's hoping that 2010 kicks 2009's ass.

All in all, a good year here. Me and the wife are doing pretty well, she's really happy with her job, and I just changed employment. So far it seems it will be a better situation (40% raise!), but we'll see. The main thing is, its been a year of no major health problems, and for that I'm thankful.

Hope 2010 is as good for ya'll as 2009 was for me.

We went from heavily targeting Chicago for our move at the beginning of this year to deciding to stay in Mich. thank god for that, its so much more affordable (plus friends, family, yada yada yada). I worked for a grand total of 3.5 weeks (supposed to be 9 mo. contract w/ intent to hire).

But on the upside, we did move to a great city, great neighborhood, great house, & I passed the PS exam! We are blessed, and thankfully making it ok on my wife's income. Now people i know who were working are getting laid off or going part-time...job market still sucks rocks, so here's hoping 2010 brings the economy back around! Cheers! :beerchug: :winko: :40oz: :drunk1: :Banane35: :gathering:

2009 was a good year for the Dleg family. My son has practically overcome his autism problems, and is doing far better than we ever expected. I am tantalizingly close to a new career that really excites me - just one signature! And even though the year ended on a kind of sour note in that respect - no signature - I am confident I will be starting something new within the next few months. Not sure where yet.

I think 2010 will be a big year for my family.

2009 would have to called a great year. We completed two room remodels and had a healthy baby. Couldn't ask for much more.

2009 Pros

Finally got my foot working again and resumed being active

Stable and prosperous year at work

Went on a belated 'honeymoon' to Alaska

Got a puppy

2009 Cons

Ongoing metabolic issues no one can quite figure out

Dealing with terminal illness in the family

Outlook for 2010

Turning the Big 30 this month

Starting business classes in a few weeks (day after I turn 30. First mid-life crisis!)

Thinking of taking a trip to the Canadian Maritimes this summer

Hopefully my wife will nail down a professor's position for 2011 and we will figure out where we will be living for the next several years

My life has been very good since I changed jobs almost 2 years ago. My husband is doing well and my daughters are doing wonderfully. I can't ask for any more. I hope that I can give back some this year and find opportunities to do so.

Pros:

I like what I do.

I met MIAF.

Made nearly double my pay from last year.

Cons:

Work is insanely stressful, and my blood pressure and weight reflect that.

I live with a three year old.

I live in North Carolina.

The only downside to 2009 was that my wife and I each lost an uncle. Mine passed away unexpectedly in February and hers did the same in April.

On the job front, it was a pretty good year. Accomplished a lot and it looks like one of my coworkers is in line for the next round of revisions to the 35k page calc from hell. This time around I get to offer guidance rather than suffer through all the gory details.

2009 was a great year! 2010 Is starting out even better (Except I have a sinus infection!)

Lost my wife, half my stuff, and no longer do I have money going INTO my checking account! Still think it was the best year in over a decade for me!

Back