Got my VA PE Number over the phone!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool!

Let us know how the NCEES records deal works out, good or bad. I'm thinking about signing up when I pass.

I only applied to one additional state, so I did it the old fashioned way.

Once the fiance gets her PhD (year to year and a half) she is gonna be looking for a post doc. And I have no clue what state that might be in. Once the time gets closer I may set up a record for myself to make the transition easier. :woot:

I think if you apply to NCEES within one year of passing your exam the application fee is only $50 instead of $100. I think is takes the normal 12 weeks. That just must be the number they have in there head for how long it takes to get a job done. If I told all of my clients 12 weeks all the time I would be looking for a job at NCEES.

It took about 5 weeks through comity.
How does that work? Do you need to fill out an application again (i.e. dig up references...etc) or, is this a simpler process. Would really appreciate your input.

You have do everything except take the test. Alot of work, time and cost. The references, transcript, EIT verification, PE verification, resume, work experiences, prior employer verification, etc. ALOT of work.

If you do NCEES, the state recognizes this information as certified by NCEES. With Ncees it goes like this (in most states) Fill out an application for the State (typically only name, address, you know the simple stuff) Then you sent that to the state with your money. Call NCEES and request your information be forwarded to the state and send NCEES more money. Your done! That's it.

NCEES is the way to go!

Oh by the way :"the other board": (I saw this and couldn't resist)

You have do everything except take the test. Alot of work, time and cost. The references, transcript, EIT verification, PE verification, resume, work experiences, prior employer verification, etc. ALOT of work.
If you do NCEES, the state recognizes this information as certified by NCEES. With Ncees it goes like this (in most states) Fill out an application for the State (typically only name, address, you know the simple stuff) Then you sent that to the state with your money. Call NCEES and request your information be forwarded to the state and send NCEES more money. Your done! That's it.

NCEES is the way to go!

Oh by the way :"the other board": (I saw this and couldn't resist)
Hey, that's awesome. Thanks for your input.

I am doing the NCEES registry and I am kind of disappointed in the process. I was under the impression that the NCEES would take care of all the verifications for you. NOPE. You have to fill out all the forms and mail them out yourself. The only thing the NCEES initiates for you is the PE verification. You have to do everyting yourself (transcripts, 5 PE references, employer verification, work history, and FE/EIT verification)

If you are only applying for reciprocity in one state, I wouldnt waste your time with the NCEES. If you are looking for a PE license in multiple states, then yes, the NCEES is a great thing because you dont have to repeat the process.

I just thought that the NCEES would initiate all the requests for transcripts, licenses, and employer verifications. Instead, they send you a package with all the forms, which you have to fill out and then send out.

The fella I worked for was regestered with NCEES and while I was there he got regestered in a few states. All he had to do was call NCEES. Some states may require new references, but that was not my experience.

Back