Good news!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again everyone. Gee, if I ever have a bad day I'm just going to read this thread over. You guys are awesome! :thumbs:

So I picked today to go out for a lazy breakfast with some friends. I didn't get into work until 11am. When I got here several people asked me if I had seen my branch chief because he was looking for me.

Apparently today was the day he decided to present me with a framed certificate for getting promoted and asked the whole department to come in and congratulate me at the same time and I was out to breakfast! :oops:

Wow, well it's not as bad as being in your PJ's when they first came. :blush:

Congrats on the framed cert though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the breakfast good?

Congratulations Frazil on the promotion and framed certificate!!!!

Congrats frazil !! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

I had a similar episode when higher-ups in management within my Department were seeking me out to offer congrats for passing the P.E. :oops: indeed !!

JR

Same thing happened to me...

One time, I was pulled into a task force team to fix a problem. After a few days, found out was the problem was, fixed it, implemented solution, made a presentation. So, I stopped going to the daily meetings. Well, the following week, they decided to present me with an award. During the meeting time, I get all these pages (we carry pagers) saying things like "Where are you?" and "Congratulations". I didn't know what was going on. Found out later about the award.

Another time, was a bit worse. I left early, didn't think it was too bad, since we were having a department meeting that afternoon. I figured I wouldn't miss much, lots of blah, blah. Well as I was driving home, I get a bunch of "Congratulation" pages. Thought it was a joke from a bunch of different people. Later found out that I was being recognized for a different award I had gotten 2 MONTHS prior. :huh:

I now get hints about making sure I attend meetings like that with "You are making it to the meeting, right?" or "We need you to be at this meeting."

So what happened afterwards? Did he present you your certificate that afternoon?

Back