--**-- Going to Mom's and/or Dad's House --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom has a tendency to get REALLY noisy (she's italian and born/raised in NYC).
As someone who spent 7 years in college in the Bronx, I can totally relate. A good childhood friend of mine, who still lives at home despite being 27 and making mega-$$, has a mom like that. I love her, she's really sweet, but I wouldn't pick her for a mom.

ughh check this out.

We are going camping at Lake Lanier first week in August. We rented out 3 camping spots so we could have guests and also not have typical lake trash camping right next to us.

I told my parents they should "Stop by" for a day and see the kids, ride the jetski's , etc.

They called last week to say they were renting a house boat that week and would spend a night or two with us. i.e anchored out from our campsite. Which sounded cool at first.

Today I learn that in order to defray the cost of the houseboat they invited 2 other couples along to also "stay" with them, which means stay with us..

I am pretty pissed, this is really my only time off this summer due to wifes school schedule and I dont mind putting up with my parents for a few days, but I dont care to spend one fucking ounce of time with their dumb ass church friends.

My dad had heart valve replacement surgery earlier this summer, so I would feel like a major asshole asking them not to come or not to bring their friends, but I am correct in being pissed of about this arent i?

RG:

No sense getting po'd about something you can't change. Ignore your parent's friends and enjoy your vacation and some time with your parents.

So, no, you're not wrong in being annoyed, just don't dwell on it and let it wreck your vaca.

my :2cents:

RG, you should pwn your kids off on them. Tell your kids to go hang out with grandpa and his friends for a few hours. If you cant beat'em, make them your unwitting servants.

I am pretty pissed, this is really my only time off this summer due to wifes school schedule and I dont mind putting up with my parents for a few days, but I dont care to spend one fucking ounce of time with their dumb ass church friends.
Bring a couple extra cases of beer and get them liquor'd up. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Now you know that your parents are willing to do their "own" thing at your expense. Make it blatantly clear next time before inviting them, that this is family only.

But, now that you're kind of stuck with the situation, make the most of it.

Back