Giveaways....what would you want?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAPE/SMOTT PE

Wait, what?
Reaction score
So, if your employer was going to give something to you as an incentive or award gift, what would you want?

Just a pat on the back and "Good job" is enough for me!

If you couldn't get money, or anything illegal, what else would you want? I know someone trying to figure out what to give as a "good job" gift.

But they are not inspired by the same old hats/shirts/coffee mugs/umbrellas/and the like.

An extra day off, or even a half day

This.

If that's not feasible, a long lunch at a decent restaurant.

Around here they have a United Way raffle for an executive parking spot. Right next to the building, and it's covered so it's nice in the winter time. Seems to be pretty popular and raise a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I passed the PE, my boss told me to take my wife for a weekend stay at one of the local resorts here and then expense it (similar to a monetary gift). I thought that was pretty cool.

Although i have never gotten one myself we have these perk gifts we can give out if someone does a good job, goes extra mile, etc. We basically send them an email with a charge number they can go out to sinner anywhere they want up to $50 and they just expense the meal/ drinks/etc... Not the greatest but its a nice little treat IMO.

I believe you can also use them for baseball games and such..

They also give out small things like 4 movie tickets on your bday month. Which is also nice..

^ yeah, but what type of sinner can you get for $50 these days?

Latest posts

Back