Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure that Jamie wasn't more truthful with Brienne than it first seems, and that he still protects/defends his sister, killing off one of the Starks in turn.

Thoroughly unimpressed by this episode.  I just felt like they spent another 80 minutes getting to the fact that Dany feels threatened by John and others are starting to notice.  I feel like this may come to a Jon vs. Dany in the end, with Dany losing her shit "Mad King" style, maybe after killing some of the Starks. 
Dany can't burn King Landing to the ground in Cersei beats her to it with all of the hidden wildfire.

I predict Arya kills Dany. She will “shut” her green eyes like she shut the Ice Kong’s blue eyes. 

I could never tell if she has green eyes or not, good possibility though.  Otherwise, it will inevitably be one of the three Lannisters.
They've been keeping her eye color pretty ambiguous all series. She's supposed to have purple eyes.

I suppose it's possible. Arya has to have some reason for being in King Landing with the hound....

I also think the “King slayer” becomes the Queen slayer. In other words Jaimie kills Cersei. 
See above, it's a lock. King slayer, queen slayer, kin slayer.

I'm not sure that Jamie wasn't more truthful with Brienne than it first seems, and that he still protects/defends his sister, killing off one of the Starks in turn.
That scene certainly left viewers with that impression. I still think it's a feint. He's realized that he's gone too far for her and needs to make things right. After all, he didn't destroy River Run. He probably left Brienne with that impression to (a) let her down less hard; (b) make Cerseit et al think he's returning home an ally; (c) he knows that this is a one way trip - assassinate Cersei and die in the process.

Why didn't Dany circle around the island and blow out the Euron's ships from behind. The ballistas couldn't be turned backwards, nor could they maneuver the ships that fast either? Yes I know the reason is: because the plot demanded it.

Presumably for the same reason that Euron's ships seems to magically teleport everywhere and cannot be spotted by a woman riding a dragon.

If there's any wildfire left anywhere, I feel like it will be a bit of a cop-out after the implication that all the reserves were used to nuke the Sept.

yeah I definitely was a little annoyed by last nights show -

My thoughts -

Jaimee is pissed about Cersi's new lover Eruron and he is going back to kill him or Cersi

Euron should have finished off Danny last night, I don't know why he didn't, maybe his people cant fight on land?

Danny and her advisors are morons in terms of military strategy

If she had any brains she would roast the perimeter defences of Kings landing at night when they cant easily kill her last dragon

I'll just be glad when this is over - I am afraid were going to get one of those stupid Stephen King cheesy endings to the story

I was saying this a lot during the ballista barrage.

But how realistic can the physics be in a show with divine magic, seers, dragons, the undead, and an undead dragon?
This is a valid argument. I need to quit thinking so hard for television.

Euron should have finished off Danny last night, I don't know why he didn't, maybe his people cant fight on land?

Danny and her advisors are morons in terms of military strategy

If she had any brains she would roast the perimeter defences of Kings landing at night when they cant easily kill her last dragon
Or Cersie should have finished off Dany and company during the parlay. Lannisters have blown up the rules before. Why not do it again?

Dany, Jon, et al. have been awful at military strategy the last few seasons.

Or have the dragon drop huge rocks onto the perimeter defenses from a very large height. The ballista can only shoot so far and so high an angle. Or, have trebuchets destroy the ballista from distance. But the preview makes it look like she'll dive bomb-breath fire on the ships instead...

Not necessarily. The rules needs to be consistent and believable within their own universe.

The show has been really bad at that lately. The show would have never been this successful if they were this sloppy (with all production values) in the first couple seasons.

Did Sam and Gilly say they were going back North or were they just staying outside of Winterfell to try and lead a normal life?

And.. Do you think we have seen the last of Tormund?

I thought they were planning on a normal life, not back North.  I don't think we'll see either of them or Tormund again.

I figured he would go back to his house, even though his Dad disowned him, but seeing how he and his brother  got incinerated it wouldn't matter anymore?

Did anyone see the Starbucks cup while watching?  I don't watch the show, but I read about it today and am wondering how obvious it really was.

I saw the still in the article, even then, it's not really that obvious.  It's in the background and dimly lit.

Never. I will believe talking animals, dragons, and all manner of other extraordinary things, but when shows start playing with physics without a good explanation, I don't like it.

What I have picked up:

1. Tormund says he is going North and mentions John has the North (the real North) in him also.  He says they might meet again.  I believe John is somehow going North in the End.
  2. I think Sam is going to go home to Horn Hill.  He would be the Lord now.
  3. Arya turnded down Gendry's engagment as she stated in S1 "that is not her".  She stated in S5 or S6 to the theatre troupe stated before that she is going west of Westeros (off the maps).  In the end I think she will go west.
  4. Robert Baraatheon said in S1 that they should join houses.  There might be chance that Sansa and Gendry hook up and sit on the Iron Throne or what's left of it. 
  5. Bran's visions showed a single dragon flying over Kings Landing.  Dany's vision showed the Iron Throne destroyed.  Some of the set scenes showed Kings Landing destroyed and they had to make a set as opposed to filming in Croatia because they could not destroy the city they were filming in.  I think Dany goes on a rampage and destoys much of Kings Landing beacuse:  A.  Many of her friends/associates are dead  B.  Her advisors are turning against her.  C.  She only has one dragon left.  D.  She is feeeling isolated.  E.  Missandi said "Draycharas" before they cut off her head.
  6. Cleagane Bowl will happen as the Hound said he has one more thing to do.
  7. Aray will kill someone with Green Eyes (not sure if that is Cersei or Dany).
  8. I think all of the Starks survive based "on the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".
  9. This is not based on a "Plot Leak" just tidbits that I picked up.  I could be totally wrong.        

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a lot of good points!

I could see Jon just saying F this and go chill up north and find another red head girl

and F! I just realized my parents and the wife's parents will be here the next 2 Sundays!

:(

<insert Michael Scott screaming No, God No, GIF here>

Hope GoT throws in some gratuitous sex scenes, just for them!

Latest posts

Back