Fundamentals of Engineering

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clench95

Reaction score
I really thought the FE would be easy. I failed the October 2007 test. Have to wait a year cause I was so sure I passed I didn't think to re-apply again before I got my results. I am in study mode now, and I am trying to keep a good additude. :brickwall:

Good luck with your studying and I totally agree - attitude is everything when trying to get through such a broad exam!

JR

The FE exam is not to be taken lightly. One can argue that it's actually harder than the PE exam! First off, it's not open book and second off, it's much broader than the PE. I was lucky that my university required us to pass it in order to graduate. Therefore, I took it when things were still fresh in my head and it still was pretty difficult! I can only imagine how much more difficult it will be a few years after graduating...

As what everyone else says, gotta keep that good attitude up!

Based on my diagnostic from my first attempt, I did surprisingly well on all catagories in the general except for electric circuits, and thermodynamics. I bombed at my discipline. however I did take a review in my discipline since October 2007. Civil specific or general in the PM. Thoughts?... :deadhorse:

Well I recommend the civil specific since that's what I took. The civil specific is easier to study for since it isn't as broad as the general. Plus you should already be fairly comfortable with it since it's your discipline. It's already difficult to study for the general AM portion much less study for a beefed-up general PM portion. That's my take on it.

Back