FPE from CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FPERox

Hi everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster. :D Any fellow Fire Protection Engineers out there?

SapperPE said:
Welcome, such a critical field and yet so often not well represented. I think you may be the first on this board. Welcome and encourage your buddies to join.
Actually, HERO is a FPE - I think he was just recently looking for recommendations for prep material for the FPE PE Exam via the link posted below.

Request for Fire Protection Engineering PE Exam Preparation Ideas

FPERox --

If you don't mind, if you could add a 'things you did right' in preparing for that exam, including study materials, references, classes taken, etc. that would be really helpful !!

Again, congrats on your accomplishment. :thumbs: :multiplespotting:

JR

Thank you both for the welcome. :thumbs: I look forward to being a productive member of this board. :multiplespotting:

jregieng: will do.

SapperPE: Yeah, there's only three engineering schools (two on the east coast, one in OK) in the nation that offer a degree in FPE. All the rest of us got our undergrad degrees in other subjects and "fell into" the FPE field. Living here on the West Coast in particular, I don't often run into many young(er) FPEs at all. :appl:

Welcome, FPERox - there were two guys taking the fire protection PE exam in Guam this past October, out of maybe only 10 of us PE examinees total. I thought that was pretty odd, in such a small place. On guy was working for the Navy, I think, and was having the test proctored for licensing in the state of Washington.

Back