Forget mainstream music, post your favorite songs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youtube just found this for me yesterday. Beautiful photography from Southern Colorado, and great song. Not sure how to classify it, folk? country? indie?:
I like Dark, Dark, Dark by Gregory Alan Isakov.

I like to listen to Buckethead sometimes at work.  Ridiculous guitar work and no words to distract/offend anyone.  Also nice since he makes his music so easy to get so there's plenty of stuff out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immortal Technique (Felipe Andres Coronel) "The Cause of Death"

A bit of a history lesson cutting through propaganda.

You know that the guy can sing when you see him perform a classic song with the original singers and it's better than the original. I do think it's funny that all the girls they are showing on the front row weren't born when this song came out though.
B&D are going on tour together for the Reboot album!

this is an odd song i have on my phone but its pretty cool..

SBEMAIL POST (Deleted link cause it was big) 
Hellll yeah. Throwback. 

this is an odd song i have on my phone but its pretty cool..
His voice sounds SO familiar. I feel like it must just be very similar to someone else I listened to, since I don't recognize any of his albums though..... That ones gonna bother me. 

My contribution for the day:

So maybe its still mainstream, but I just heard Hootie and the Blowfish cover of  "Losing My Religion" and **** its really good, almost sounds like you are sitting in a small bar listening to it..

This is my new favorite thread! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Love the country and indie suggestions here! I pretty much listen to anything with a guitar. So I have a very wide variety of music. See a few below

I've enjoyed most of what I've heard from Milky Chance, but this is my favorite song of theirs to date.  

This is my new favorite thread! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Love the country and indie suggestions here! I pretty much listen to anything with a guitar. So I have a very wide variety of music. See a few below
If you scroll a little further down my all time listened list, there's a bunch of Camino songs in there :) .
Forgot about the animal album, really amazing compositions. Just hard (for me) to listen to those songs unless you're JUST listening to it. The changes in rhythm and unusual melodies take too much of my attention to work while it's on. 

I should re-listen to them though, it's been a while.

Haven't heard of that last one though! Added to my pyre. "Thank for the light"!

@Road Guy, I figured out why Joe Purdy's voice was so familiar. It's has a kind of similar quality to the singer of a band named Pinegrove (video 1 below) @Dothracki you'll probably like this one :) . Bonus, NJ gets a name drop.

Then Darlingside and Caitlin Canty, who's got a "Casually devastating" voice.
"Nothing runs like water when your one true love is gone. Every day that comes along has a silver medal on."

wow that is a very close resemblance!

I haven't found much else by Joe Purdy I have gotten into, but if I ever end up with a cabin along the Nantahala  River I think that type music will be playing on the porch...

Here are some folk favorites of mine:

Screenshot_20200826-170224.png

Stone walls is a good one.

Back