Your Most Listened to Songs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid PE

Member? You 'member.
Reaction score
While on the topic of music...

Most music streaming platforms (google play music, apple music, spotify, etc.) can show you your most played songs. For Google, you'll need to visit the web player on a desktop then navigate to your library>songs and sort by number of plays. For Apple, you should be able to see a Top 25 Most Played auto playlist. For Spotify, you can use https://spotifystats.com/ or https://www.statsforspotify.com/. It'll be interesting to see what you people really like to listen to :D  

My top 10 most played songs:

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprisingly (or not), Let the Drummer Kick by Citizen Cope is my most played.  There's also a lot of Hollywood Undead though, too.  Tex Jr. and Mini-Tex both used a playlist with HU that got a lot of high school workout room play...

And this one just got another play because you know COVID, and I haven't listened in ages...

#limewire4life...

I am still pissed at myself for throwing away all my cassettes when I moved!

I cant seem to find a way to show this on an iphone 8?  They used to have a top 25 played auto playlist but I dont see that anymore?

But before Rona I had tix this summer to:

REO Speedwagon

GNR

Luminaries 

Kenny

Ah limewire. I remember that. I used Rhapsody for a little while, too, because somehow it let me download all the songs I wanted for free to my mp3 player.

After a while I switched over to bit torrents and my life was forever changed.

Then music subscription services came out and I felt much better paying for music since I know people that received cease and desist letters from their ISP telling them to stop using limewire, FrostWire, torrents, etc. or else.

Plus the quality is much better with subscription services, and they play instantly instead of having to wait for downloads.

Surprisingly (or not), Let the Drummer Kick by Citizen Cope is my most played.  There's also a lot of Hollywood Undead though, too.  Tex Jr. and Mini-Tex both used a playlist with HU that got a lot of high school workout room play...
Dang. I haven't listened to Hollywood undead for a long time. I remember when I downloaded their demo album (limewire days 😉). I liked the song Circles. Not too much into their music anymore.

I dont use spotify or anything similar - The only way I can pull mine up is to log into itunes on an actual PC, and I havent done that in at least 5 years.

My "top songs" gets heavily skewed by songs which I put on repeat when I'm napping or play when I'm working. 

Spotify says my most listened to artist of the century is Pink Floyd, interestingly, since they don't have any songs on the all time list right now.

Most of these are nap/work/League of Legends music. Via Stats for Spotify:
image.png

Holy F, Apparently I've been listening to Swift's new album a lot in the last 4 weeks.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the songwriting/lyrics on this album. 

image.png

@Roarbark I haven't heard of anyone on your top tracks. Will have to check some of them out. Seeing some of the stuff you're into, have you heard of Julien Baker? I like her boygenius collaboration album. 

@Roarbark I haven't heard of anyone on your top tracks. Will have to check some of them out. Seeing some of the stuff you're into, have you heard of Julien Baker? I like her boygenius collaboration album. 
Here's a bit of guidance:
Porcupine Tree - Post Rock ish? You'd probably like these guys, judging by your list. Lazarus is probably their "lightest" song. Try their song "Blackest Eyes".
Nick Drake - Fingerpicking Driven Guitar Singer Songwriter, John Martyn sort of style. Try "Pink Moon" or "Things Behind the Sun"
Sean Angus Watson - Guitar Looping. Repetitive and Soothing. Listen to this while I work often. 
Shallou - Chillhop type electronic, play this in the background when I play video games sometimes.
Punch Brothers - You play banjo, You better know these guys. Their banjo player is ridiculously good. If not, I can recommend a couple songs!

Ahh! Yeah I'm a fan of those three! especially Phoebe Bridgers (Maybe just cause I've listened to her more than the others.) 
She did a live collaboration with an artist named Noah Gunderson that was superb. 
Link: Phoebe Bridgers / Noah Gunderson - Killer / The Sound

Back