Football chatter!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Brady Quinn goes to the Broncos, and LT goes to the Jets.

I could care less about the former, as the Browns and Broncos are a disaster.

But LT to the JETS? My JETS give up Thomas Jones and the #1 rushing offense for a washed up Charger? REALLY?!

I still can't believe the Browns gave Delhomme $7 mil. He's set to make about $19 mil over the next 3 years since the Panthers still owe him about $12 mil in guaranteed money.

Also, why aren't the Panthers doing anything except cut people so far?? They even cut Hoov, who is a fan fav and only had one year left on his contract. He was going to retire after that and it only saved them a $100,000 roster bonus and his league minimum salary next year. That pissed me off. Oh well, we might not even have a season in 2011, so it might not matter, but it's going to suck watching the Panthers stink up the field this year. I might not even get to watch the games since they might be blacked out.

I still can't believe the Browns gave Delhomme $7 mil. He's set to make about $19 mil over the next 3 years since the Panthers still owe him about $12 mil in guaranteed money.
Also, why aren't the Panthers doing anything except cut people so far?? They even cut Hoov, who is a fan fav and only had one year left on his contract. He was going to retire after that and it only saved them a $100,000 roster bonus and his league minimum salary next year. That pissed me off. Oh well, we might not even have a season in 2011, so it might not matter, but it's going to suck watching the Panthers stink up the field this year. I might not even get to watch the games since they might be blacked out.
Because the Panthers are a small market team, and with the uncapped year (no upper OR lower limit), the owner sees a way to maximize profits. He is cutting costs (players salaries, roster bonuses, etc.), but I am willing to bet that ticket prices stay the same.

^He's actually raising prices! He's gambling with this approach though because the Panther's fans are very wishy-washy and they might not buy his tickets the way they have the past few years since they are thinking the team is going to suck this year. We shall see.

^He's actually raising prices! He's gambling with this approach though because the Panther's fans are very wishy-washy and they might not buy his tickets the way they have the past few years since they are thinking the team is going to suck this year. We shall see.
Believe me, I understand. I'm from Jacksonville, originally.

I went to a Panther's game year before last, and the stands were about 1/2 full...on the home opener! I didn't think the atmoshpere topped an NC State football game.

I agree...if you're going to have a team in areas like this, you better have a winner. There's just not enough "Tradition" to get them through the down times.

Brady Quinn goes to the Broncos, and LT goes to the Jets.
I could care less about the former, as the Browns and Broncos are a disaster.

But LT to the JETS? My JETS give up Thomas Jones and the #1 rushing offense for a washed up Charger? REALLY?!
Orton isn't really a fan favorite, and several people here in Denver think that Quinn is a "poor-man's" version of Cutler who they got rid of last year. With the Denver offense, you could plug just about any 2nd string QB in there and be ok as the scheme doesn't ask for any deep threat and relies alot on the O-line, WR's, and RB's (modified "Dink-n-Dunk" from what I could tell).

I understand the move by the Jets though. Jones was set for a $2.5m roster bonus and only had 1 year left on his contract, whereas they got LT on the cheap. After seeing Shanahan pump out different 1k rushers year after year here in Denver, I am a firm believer that the O-line is responsible for more of the RB's production than the RB is (80% Oline vs 20% RB). There are exceptions to this (hello, Barry Sanders), but they are few and far between. As long as the Jets Oline stays healthy and in-tact, LT will put up similar (but slightly less) numbers which really won't be the worst thing in the world seeing as Sanchez is starting to learn how to manage a game and throw the ball better. I wouldn't be surprised of they also go for a decent 2nd round RB in the draft either to start developing for 2011.

I just pray that the Jets pick up a Pro-Bowl capable receiver, because they have absolutely no offensive threats through the air right now.

I just pray that the Jets pick up a Pro-Bowl capable receiver, because they have absolutely no offensive threats through the air right now.
Between the Cromartie and LT pick-ups, and another year for Ryan and Sanchez, the Jets worry me next year. Cotchery and Edwards is a serviceable, if not all star tandem at WR.

I don't know what to make of the Pats. They have a soft running game, one injured WR who no one knows what to expect from next year (Welker), another WR with one foot out the door (Moss), both their tight ends are gone, and their secondary still leaks like a sieve. I wonder what Belichick will pull out of his hat this time.

I think I heard the Panthers are trying to do what the saints did three years ago and just make a massive personnel change to get a "change"

at least thats what they said on the nfl network so it must be true ;)

I have just lost a lot of interest in professional football...

The two teams in my area - Rams and Chiefs - should be demoted to the minor leagues. Maybe at some point if they become more of a .500 team or at least look like they might make the playoffs, then I'll start to pay attention. It's just not worth the effort at this point since they suck so badly.

College Football has always been my cup of tea. Spring practices have started, so there's that.

[SIZE=36pt]NO![/SIZE]

It's baseball season. It must not be contaminated with talk of football.

Ravens have a solid reciever core with the addition of Anquan Bolden, Dante Stallworth and the resigning of Derrick Mason. Should be a really good season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe what the Browns did either, but good luck Delhomme looked horrible last year throwing to decent WR Corps and having a good running game. Then Matt Moore replaces him and looks very solid.

So the Browns dump DA and Quinn and decide to go another direction, I can't blame them but that direction is................Jake Delhomme????

I guess it is hard for me to understand BUT I do have a dog in this hunt as I am a Oregon State Beaver as are Derek Anderson and Matt Moore.

Looks like Beckham is out of the world cup after his achilles injury...

...ah, not that sort of football. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back