FLORIDA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats minnie76, ahaninil, and rasmalai !! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :smileyballs: :bananalama:

JR

well, finally I know my result: FAIL...thanks for your support...
RC
rcurras --

I am very sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Take some time to
4.gif
and then decide your best course of action. I definitely feel your pain - took me four times before I passed. :smileyballs:

Best regards,

JR

rcurras --
I am very sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Take some time to
4.gif
and then decide your best course of action. I definitely feel your pain - took me four times before I passed. :smileyballs:

Best regards,

JR
I would like a recommendation: good power systems book?

RC

Sorry didnt get a chance to post over the weekend.

But i PASSED!! (Electrical-Power)

Second time's a charm :Locolaugh:

Regarding this thread and the number of letters in the envelope....I literally picked up the envelope by the corner using the tip of my fingers so i wouldnt feel how thick it was....lol

I would like a recommendation: good power systems book?
RC
RC, I just passed the Power depth and I'll be replying to your post on the Exam Prep board in more detail when I have some time, but for a short answer I recommend Power Systems Analysis and Design by Glover & Sarma. I've used mine so much (at school and work) the binding broke.

i'd like to thank everyone for their kind and supportive words. it's true, i clearly didn't do enough to prepare. i just ordered a Marks' handbook (i borrowed a coworker's before) and will mail in the application to retake the exam in October.

i can't give up! i won't give up!

i just have to be smarter this time. thanks for the advice here. i know that i wasted a lot of time nervously searching for formulas. :( i won't do that again.

i need to re-read some of the advice threads here on approach. i think that if i had been better organized, it would have went a lot smoother.

a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my fellow Floridians who did pass! it's a heckuva accomplishment and you should all be proud! save a place at the table for me after i nail the exam in October.

special thanks to luis who is very inspirational. i am going to fight through this, man, and not stay down. i appreciate the reminder. :party-smiley-048:

i can't give up! i won't give up!
That's the right attitude gator !! :)

It is easy to get frustrated and angry after receiving one of 'those' letters. I know - I have gotten three of them. I think if you take the perspective this exam is about preparation and performing upon command then you can appreciate what you need to do. Never take receiving a failing notice as a measure of your ability, but as a measure of your level of preparedness going into the exam.

I am sure if you pick yourself up and conduct a no-bullshit assessment on what you know and what you need to prepare for then you will do fine :)

JR

When will the results be posted on the website? Work wants to see a licensure date before moving forward with a promotion.
FBPE told me that they assign a PE # to you within 30 days of receiving your ELSES letter. You will have to check at MyFloridaLicense.com for your registration number. Your registration card, wall and wallet certificates do not arrive for another two to three weeks.

Also, if you are going to be providing certifications on anything related to building codes you need to take the Florida Building Core Couse prior to signing/sealing anything related to building codes.

JR

FBPE told me that they assign a PE # to you within 30 days of receiving your ELSES letter. You will have to check at MyFloridaLicense.com for your registration number. Your registration card, wall and wallet certificates do not arrive for another two to three weeks.
Also, if you are going to be providing certifications on anything related to building codes you need to take the Florida Building Core Couse prior to signing/sealing anything related to building codes.

JR

Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking for it to pop up on the website!

what follows after the PE numbers on the FBPE website. DO we have to pay a license renewal fee?

what follows after the PE numbers on the FBPE website. DO we have to pay a license renewal fee?
Cyclone, I think the next step is that we will get our wall certificate, wall license and wallet license via mail. Something pretty big that you can't miss I guess since the wall certificate can't be bent. If there are any fees to pay, I think it will come in the mail also.

I'm sure the Florida Board won't miss out on grabbing new dues and fees. That is why it seems they state everywhere to maintain a current address.

You paid your initial license fee as part of your initial $325 application to the FBPE - no more fees until you renew your license. Once you have your PE #, you are licensed and you will get the license display certificate, wall certificate (HUGE), and a wallet card for impressing the ladies :)

Should get it in about 2-3 weeks after results posted at MyFlorida.com.

JR

Are you guys sure we don't have to pay that renewal fee of $130. The letter says we are exempt from the CEU hours but NOT from the fee. Where do you get your metal-impression stamp from? How much is that?

When will the results be posted on the website? Work wants to see a licensure date before moving forward with a promotion.
Congrats Melanie....did you get a decent pay raise too? I got a promotion an a okay pay raise, nothing great....but that was to be expected.

You paid your initial license fee as part of your initial $325 application to the FBPE - no more fees until you renew your license. Once you have your PE #, you are licensed and you will get the license display certificate, wall certificate (HUGE), and a wallet card for impressing the ladies :)
Should get it in about 2-3 weeks after results posted at MyFlorida.com.

JR

Has anyone in Florida received those certificates and wallet cards yet?

Back