Florida PE Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USF Engineer

Reaction score
I just checked myflorida.com and I have my PE number issued already. As far as obtaining my seal, when can I get it? Do I have to wait to hear from the board? Also, can I take the Building Code Course now?

It's official... :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have those two same questions. Hopefully someone knows. If not, I will have to call the board later today.

I have those two same questions. Hopefully someone knows. If not, I will have to call the board later today.
Once you have the number, then it is official. Your certificate will be in the mail. You should be able to order your seal anytime as the P.E. number is yours. That is not done through FBPE though. You can order those through private companies. I would assume that you can take the class any time. You could have taken it before you had heard you passed. Now that you have the number, the class should be able to auto-report back that you passed (to FBPE).

Congrats to all that passed. Great to hear that you all got your numbers so quickly although it makes me feel a little jipped. We had to wait the 8-10 weeks.

Thanks MonteBiker. Any recommendations on where to take the course. Someone posted in the other thread a link to FSU online for $100. Any other/cheaper options?

Thanks

Thanks MonteBiker. Any recommendations on where to take the course. Someone posted in the other thread a link to FSU online for $100. Any other/cheaper options?
Thanks
I have not actually taken the course yet but the FSU one seems to be the easiest one to find. Check with your company about the fee. They may be willing to cover that as part of your continuing education credits. I have heard of other places that have offered the training but have never really looked into it.

It's official... :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:
Congrats!!

I posted the thread because that is what I was given in order to proceed.

Truthfully, I think for EASE - that is your best option. Keeping in mind that the core building code course is really a quick step thru of the building code since Florida has gone to the UBC (from SBC) with some amendments. Emphasis is placed on dealing with wind load codes and hurricane protection.

I took the FSU-based course and was satisfied. Since it is a required course, definitely look into your employer covering the cost.

JR

Which is company is good in terms of moneywise to order the seal.

Thanks

Congrats!!

I posted the thread because that is what I was given in order to proceed.

Truthfully, I think for EASE - that is your best option. Keeping in mind that the core building code course is really a quick step thru of the building code since Florida has gone to the UBC (from SBC) with some amendments. Emphasis is placed on dealing with wind load codes and hurricane protection.

I took the FSU-based course and was satisfied. Since it is a required course, definitely look into your employer covering the cost.

JR

Can any of you direct me on where to find your pe number on the myflorida.com website? I've found my application on the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, however, it just says my application is open and still has work in progress under discipline. Am I just slow in getting the approval or is there another place to look?

Can any of you direct me on where to find your pe number on the myflorida.com website? I've found my application on the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, however, it just says my application is open and still has work in progress under discipline. Am I just slow in getting the approval or is there another place to look?
My application shows complete, but I found the license number at the link "Verfiy a License". Then search by name. If it is complete, then it will show "Active" with a license number

Thanks,

I guess mine is just taking longer than others. It keeps sitting on work in progress in the discipline section.

Back