Florida - How long to get license number after exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dwill1592 @piscescon

Our licensure analysts are working away on the applications. I wish I could be more specific and give you a better timeframe. Feel free to reach out to the specific PE licensure analyst who is handling your application. They are grouped by applicant's last name, so look for the analyst who handles your last name's first initial. There are three, and they are listed in the first line of analysts on our website:

Contact - Florida Board of Professional Engineers

@Dwill1592, sorry for such a late response. I missed the notification for your post.

@FBPE Rep
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, I filled out my FBPE Application, payed the application fee, and got approved to sit for the April 2020 exam at the end of 2019 that test was cancelled, I took the exam in October and failed, retook the exam in April 2021 and passed. Do I have to pay the $230 again,even though I already had an application that had been approved by the FBPE? and do I have to redo the application before I can get my license? Any advice would be great!

Last edited:
@FBPE Rep I have a question. Under the Experience sanction I saw the experience must be under a licensed professional. None of my bosses were PE. I was doing work and getting them stamped through outside PE's. The outside PE's checked my work and I have them as my reference in the application. I will apply in Florida for Comity license. What kind of extra paperwork am i looking for here or is this a big problem?

@rafsan06, you should email the PE licensure analyst who will be handling your application. They will be able to answer your questions better than I can. (They are assigned by the first letter of the applicant's last name.) You can see who that will be on our website: Contact - Florida Board of Professional Engineers. Click their name to send an email.

Just FYI: Florida doesn't issue PE licenses by comity. We do it by endorsement. All PE applicants file the same Application for Licensure as Professional Engineer and meet Florida's licensure requirements. Also, having up-to-date NCEES Records helps speed things along considerably.

Good morning,

@FBPE Rep
My application is all complete as of 9/11/2023 except for the board approval. I was wondering how long does it take for the board approval and if I am supposed to receive any email stating that the board is going to review my application or no? I know they had a board meeting on 9/13/2023 but I guess my application wasn't one of the ones they were supposed to review.

Good morning,

@FBPE Rep
My application is all complete as of 9/11/2023 except for the board approval. I was wondering how long does it take for the board approval and if I am supposed to receive any email stating that the board is going to review my application or no? I know they had a board meeting on 9/13/2023 but I guess my application wasn't one of the ones they were supposed to review.
Same. No status updates.

There was a Board meeting on Sept. 13, so hopefully your applications were in that batch reviewed then. If not, the next Board meeting is Oct. 11-12.

Back